MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for creating a new thread about this when I know there is a tutorial on removing the front bumper on the site already, but its not that I'm after.

When removing the bolts which are under the wheel arches (one at each side iirc) is there anything you can do to make it easier / make them more accessable?

Logic would tell me, jacking the car, and taking the wheel off would help but wondered if there was any other tips / ideas / or proven methods which are less time consuming...?

Wouldnt mind taking wheels off tbh, but today when I tried, the locking wheel nut didn't seem to grip enough :S and yes I did take the cover off :p

Cheers for any help :)

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
The problem with getting access to the two bolts each side that hold the bumper to the wing is the wheel arch liner. It is possible (just) to pull the liner to one side and get a long extension and socket up the side. Put the wheel at full lock should give you a little more access but TBH the best way is to jack the car and remove the wheel.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
they are the most awkward bolts in the world to get at. lightsabre has the right idea tbh

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies :)

I jacked my car earlier and removed the wheel, gave me plenty of room to work but now one of the bolts AT EACH SIDE :( has gone and snapped (due to rust by the looks of it) as I didn't use much force... turned out to be a bit of a nightmare :cry: lol

Now I have my bonnet sitting perfectly flush but with my bumper sticking out and sagging at each side :hang:

gonna have to go to the garage tomorrow and see if they can refit it for me :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did mine today and its not much fun, i would WD tho bolts on the wings as mine were stubbon little gits.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did mine today and its not much fun, i would WD tho bolts on the wings as mine were stubbon little gits.
I had wd40'd mine and they still snapped! :noexp:

thinking I might try to refit it myself again 2moro, will need to go out and buy some bolts/nuts tho... autoshop ftw hopefully lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts