MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car broke down today AA man said it was prob a faulty remote key fob & the signal was low and that the alarm/ immo was not dis arming has any one had any probs with this?

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah i had this problem car wudnt start due to dead battery, but i was at home so just went an got the spare set

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not had this but my key fob is doing pretty well! Iv dropped it in the bucket of water i was washing my car with and its been stepped on, sat on and dropped out of a second floor window and landed on concrete twice (should have known women cant catch or throw!) and it still works!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a problem with mine a while back...

What is normally meant to happen is when you put the key in the ignition and turn it, a signal is sent out to check if the keyfob is present. If it doesn't detect the keyfob or it is damaged/battery is flat etc, then the immobiliser will not deactivate.

The problem I was getting was that every time I tried to start the engine, I had to manually deactivate the imobiliser because it wasn't detecting my fob. After taking the fob apart I noticed that one of the contactors connecting to the battery was broken. A quick bit of soldering sorted this problem out and it works fine now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
both my key fobs arent as good as they a few weeks ago. Used to be able to stand a fair distance away from car and activate but have to practically go right upto window. Not good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try pushing the fob to the underside of your chin and then pressing it. Your body acts like an amplifier so the range of your fob should increase.

The downside is you look a bit stupid doing it!

Another one is putting it up to your arm pit and pointing at your zed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi please could someone help me I have a mg zr and my remote key fob only works sometimes I can unlock and lock the car manually thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts