MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Problem

Iv got sum Kei RS GT alloys, and overtime brake dust has started to stick to the dish and its really hard to clean it off. here is a picture i took when i last cleaned the car.
As you can see the brake dust is stuck onto the wheel :(

i didnt want to scrub it too hard with a wheel brush incase it scratched the surface and peeled off the laquer, so i sought advice from people who knew their stuff. they recommended Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Top marks from me! :clap:

The product

Valet Pro - Bilberry is an outstanding safe wheel cleaner.

* Safe on all types of wheel.
* Completely acid free.
* Also effective on baked on brake dust.
* It smells nice too

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheel...bilberry-wheel-cleaner-1-litre-/prod_499.html

Application

* Heavy Soil - use neat or dilute 1:1 trigger spray on wheel allow to dewell for 5 to 10 minutes aggitate then jet wash off.

* Lightly Soiled - dilute 1:5 trigger spray on then simply jet wash off for clean wheels.

The Verdict

Best wheel cleaner i have used by far! takes off some much dirt even without scrubbing! Iv tried branded stuff from halfords which i wasnt too pleased with. Bilberry is also acid free so i felt confident using them on my alloys.
Here were the results (without scrubbing)

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good work Shafz. Top stuff this only heard good things about it! Did you dilute it down at all?

:)
as the brake dust was pretty stubborn i used it neat....next time i will dilute it (1:1) as it doesnt need to be as strong, only a few little marks left which im chuffed about!.

iv sealed the wheels now with poorboys so il see how that goes :D

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
yeha only heard good things aswell

but did you seal your wheelsafter you cleaned them shafz or not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts