MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I want to change the rear speakers in my Zed, just wondered if anybody can recommend some good ones.

Also what size speakers will I need and can the existing cable be used as it appears to have a different connection to other speakers I have seen before.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
think if you get new speakers they'll have to go on or under the parcel shelf......... couldnt find any that fit the standard holders due to where the screws go......... but i'll let others advise you on what to get! You can use the existing connectors...not too hard to wire them together!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
stealth shelf and 6x9s the way to go...if ur gonna spend on speakers may as well go the extra bit

·
Wannabe Photoshop Guru
1,584 Posts
yeah mate best thing to do is make a parcel stealth shelf and fit your 6x9's on there....ive been meaning to make a how to guide on making a nice discreet top quality looking parcel shelf but i havent had the time...hopefully ill do it sometime 2day....lookout for it in the How To Section...

Thank you please

·
Wannabe Photoshop Guru
1,584 Posts
Pete said:
Hincey said:
yeah mate best thing to do is make a parcel stealth shelf and fit your 6x9's on there....ive been meaning to make a how to guide on making a nice discreet top quality looking parcel shelf but i havent had the time...hopefully ill do it sometime 2day....lookout for it in the How To Section...

Thank you please
I'll be doing one at the end of the month, but mine will be biased towards me making a business out of it :)
i had the same idea...fucker!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have fitted a pair of 13cm SONY speakers into the original fixings with no problem what so ever.

No problem with the screws at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts