MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a set of top quality MB Quart speakers which are 6.5" co-ax 50RMS with the grills so im sure would look smart when fitted.

My questions: how do I extend the wiring from the original speakers?
Would I notice a difference in sound over OE?
And finally are these an exact alternative over 6x9's or would I be better off with 6x9's?

Im not keen on filling the car with audio just yet but want to uprade it eventually by adding component front speakers, sub and amplifier. For the time being just the rear speakers.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,756 Posts
are they 2ways with cros overs and tweets?? If so ive found it will give better sound quality over 3way which i found out. You will get a much better quality from them if you amp them.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, they are just 2 way I think? Its just that knowbody wants to buy these, so I want to put the on the shelf! I want to install them first to see how they sound first, then I can always amplify them when I come round to installing the sub.

·
Banned
3,756 Posts
wel u can, but the amp wil be to big a watt for what the speakers can handle. So my best advise would be to buy a cheap 200w amp to run them, if you buy a 4 channel you could amp the whole system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts