MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the zed tinted on friday they look great only problem i have is on the rear side windows where the matrix it that fade the original window in to black (the dots round the edge) it is starting to show up lighter like it hasnt stuck, he did say to let it dry for a week min as its cold out side and to try and rub my finger round these areas to restick but they wont restick , has anyone else had this and wot should i do.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
To be honest i've had problems like that with mine.

If you've paid to have them done and professionally and have a problem like that then take it back and get them to fix it.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
got mine done last friday and I've had no problems.

Take it back cause if the tinters any good he will be able to fix it

·
Registered
48 Posts
i had mine done 2 weeks ago and not one problem
the way they done it i could use them straight away aswell . i would contact the shop who done it m8

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you had them tinted by a pro take the car back.

Your car should be 100% to your satisfaction.

We don,t release the car to our customers until we are 100% happy even if it means doing a window again (not very often).

Were you putting the tinter under pressure maybe making them rush the job??

Maybe you had a "cheap job" in wich case you get what you pay for.
CHEAP DOES NOT ALWAYS END UP AS CHEAP AS YOU THINK, We are forever de,tinting and retinting "cheap installs"

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the windows are soundits just where the matrix is on the original glass and he did say afew days to dry out in this weather

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
as I said mate had mine tinted a week gone friday and mine are stuck down fine.

If the tint hasn't stuck down properly then its gonna have to come off and be re-done.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i would do mate but your to far a way or id have had them done by you anyhow :wallb:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just poped it back to the tinters , he said its ok that the dot matrix is high and to close together you wont get it dead flat , to be fair it does seam very close and vey raised , wot should i do now , he said he could have another go but carnt promise it will be any better , showed me a vectra he was doing and the matrix wasnt half as high and well spaced, :wallb: any ideas before i go any further,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts