MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I folded down the back seat to get enough room to fit my grandfathers' wheelchair in. But the ratchet (?) has engaged with the seat in the fully down position. I've tried taking off the plastic cover to get the extra slack as suggested in all the posts I found in searching for "seat belt". No luck. Is there any other suggestions short of removing the back seat or cutting the belt?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Jesus,what are you on about.There is no ratchet on/in the back seats.There is a seat belt
clip on top of the rear seats on each side to hold them in place but that wont stop you from folding down the rear seats down.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Easiest way mate, remove bolt on back of seats at split from inside boot.
Remove backrest and you should be able to get it at an angle where you can get the belt out.

·
2,585 Posts
remove the rear seat, then remove the bottom anchor point on the middle seatbelt, put the seat back in where it normally sits, then give it a few tugs and it shoudl go back to normal, if not possibly a new seatbelt

·
Registered
455 Posts
this happend to mine and i managed to release it by prizing a screwdriver in where the "ratchet" locks (the bit under that plastic cover) saves taking the seats out

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Jesus,what are you on about.There is no ratchet on/in the back seats.There is a seat belt
clip on top of the rear seats on each side to hold them in place but that wont stop you from folding down the rear seats down.
He is on about the rachet in the centre seat belt :nugget:

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Take the belt from the seat back.

Open up the the right hand side plastic cover, this should have a plastic gear, and a small brass weight, if not, open the other one.

The weight needs to be suspended at the correct angle, it should just hang free, without it touching anything.

The whole unit needs to be kept at the same angle, to stop the weight from moving to lock up the belt again. Carefully clip the plastic cover back, and re-bolt into the upright seat back. You must keep it at the same angle as what the seat back is.

This may take a few attempts, but you'll get it done eventually.

If i manage to find a spare belt, i'll take it apart, and take some pictures.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offer skelo, but it's all fixed now! Took the back seat out last night and tried it in all positions :blush: but couldn't get anything. Brother then tried it and got it to release in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your help folks!

:thankyou:

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the offer skelo, but it's all fixed now! Took the back seat out last night and tried it in all positions :blush: but couldn't get anything. Brother then tried it and got it to release in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your help folks!

:thankyou:
Pleasure mate, sods law that your bro managed to fix it!!!

Cheers
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts