MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this before? How hard is it to do?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Im about to do this next month as soon as i get the handbrake cable i need. Apparently its quite easy

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
ive seen the whole rear beam of a 160 for sale on ebay before, included discs and all that you need! didnt sell for loads either, think it was 150 or so. Probably the easiest option

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
ive seen the whole rear beam of a 160 for sale on ebay before, included discs and all that you need! didnt sell for loads either, think it was 150 or so. Probably the easiest option
I went for the source all the individual parts then wack them all together option. Taken ages to find all the parts tho

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I went for the source all the individual parts then wack them all together option. Taken ages to find all the parts tho
Thats what I'm doing atm. I need a hub though lol as one is fooked from the Vi I got the bits from :(

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Front discs x 100, no point in upgrading the rears until the fronts can at least stop the car, other than for aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Front discs x 100, no point in upgrading the rears until the fronts can at least stop the car, other than for aesthetics.
Yeh my rear discs are for looks. I hate the sight of my drums through my alloys

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i done it, just got the hubs, disks calipers carriers and pads of ebay, there is no need to replace the whole axel

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
haha, yeah its easy enough to get done, just dont expect a real difference, its aesthetics only

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yes, I think they are the same. I need to check which side I need though. Do you know of any for sale mate?
Im getting some parts off a guy in England from a 120. If you tell me what side i'll take it off the car too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yer im gona go downt he yard in a min and get it all for free ha ha

but i need to upgrade my ZR 105 front brakes becos the are ultimatly small and crap!

They seriously scare me lol

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
If you have a ZR don't fit a beam from a 200 as they are thinner and won't have has much roll control.

The H Frame is the same on ZR's whether they have discs or drums

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
If you have a ZR don't fit a beam from a 200 as they are thinner and won't have has much roll control.

The H Frame is the same on ZR's whether they have discs or drums
I just took the hubs, calipers and carriers then binned the rest :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i was thinkin bout this too ...but i been told there isnt any point not much point....so ill just paint my calipers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts