MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok had a day off today, laying around the house and i decided to check for fibreglass fabricators, to replicate the rally spoiler, so found 2 rang 1 the guy, he was'nt interested and e-mailed another guy, 30 mins later the guy from the e-mail calls and tells me he's interested, but he would want a min order of 25-30, so i asked him how well he would be able to copy them , and he said he could leave it lookin identical ( was a bit cocky), but he said would need more detailed pictures and dimensions, ie, holes for fittment etc off the top of his head for 30 , £2000 or so which is just under £70 per spoiler. anyone be interested, i'm sure i could find some 1 to do a one off for me, but i'd thought i'd share the idea.

·
Registered
263 Posts
sounds like a good idea, i think ill be interested, obvioulsy would like to see the outcome first cos i do really like the standard spoilers!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Sounds good to me.
The only thing with this spoiler is you loose the break light, would it be worth incorpotating this or leaving as standard ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i know, i tried and little fly move of asking him that if i was to place an order, would he be able to send me 1 finished version and if i thought it was up to scratch, i would tell him to go ahead with the rest, ( get me 1 for free) but he told me he would have to charge for the first one but prob cost more, just incase i would back out of the deal.:shutup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also i forgot to mention, i need better pics of the spoiler, the rest i can do my self, all he should need is the holes for fitting and an overall height/length/ depth, i'm a workshop joiner so i'll try knock up a model, with the proper dimensions, and get advice from here weather or not its to big or to high etc

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i thought that myself it would be sh*t seeing every1 with a rally spoiler but like i said i am only gauging interest, and i could get the one made up for myself i'm sure, just sharing the idea, cause i remember some else asking about where they could pick 1 up.:w00t:

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
Best thing is to get the measurements too mate. maybe a blueprint kind of design. The more work you do for them the cheaper it will be !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there not too bad, i'll keep having a check over the next few days, i told the guy i would call him next week to let him know if i was goin to go ahead with it or not, i'l see what the response is from the folks on here :unsure:

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
I can say you will have no chance in hell of getting 30 orders on the forums, it will be like the meets, everyone will say ye put me down, then never actually follow through.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts