MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Saxo! pfffft.

Come off the motorway earlier. saxo tried to race me down the sliproad. I got to the round-about first and had to stop. the saxo had to slow down a little. so i pull away just as the saxo moves out. neck & neck while I get up some speed. saxo is really going for it. but i carry on accelerating more while going round the corners. poor old saxo just couldn't keep up with the corners! not sure what engine as i never saw the rear end...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
theres a local chave in a vts who always trys to race me........I just wast him 2/3 gear then slow down........... \:D/

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
the vts is the only saxo that could possibly take a 105 zr surely? i don't think the vtr could. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mitch - ZR said:
the vts is the only saxo that could possibly take a 105 zr surely? i don't think the vtr could. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
had loads of threads like this.

Outcome has always been that the VTR and 105 are very simular in performance, not much in it. Rerember the phase 1 saxo VTR (pre 'w' reg) is a bit slower than the phase 2. Depends usually on the driver's skill.....best driver usually wins.
Both handle very well, and peeps often dont realise that the saxo is just as good if not better on the twisties than our Zeds, afterall they share the same platform/chassis as the Pug 106 GTi.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
they have almost the same power to weight ratio so modded they are a bit of a threat.

120+ bhp in somthing that weighs the same as keiths tins of spam

·
455 Posts
there's a black chaved (to quote a famous phrase!) in basingstoke, the F**ker has the 80 watt rally bulbs on his car! he ALWAYS tries to have a play, its a VTR, not much comp against my 120. Saxo boy's get a grip, your cars not that fast

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Can anyone remember that vid posted on the old site i think...

Of a Saxo VTS vs an M3 at Santa Pod...

The guys gf was filming in the passenger side of the saxo and laughed as it flew past the M3...and this is a new M3 with fook loads of power and even more torque...

The Saxo was supercharged with over 250bhp....

shame but was funny to watch!

·
1,443 Posts
Johnno83 said:
vts cant touch the 160 !!! simple as standard vs standard !!
I think you'll find they can and they do. A VTS is a match for a ZR160.

Most people think 158bhp will destroy 120bhp. It doesn't, especially when 1 car is more than 200kg lighter than the more powerful car.

True a ZR160 will pip a VTS but not much in it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mitchy said:
Johnno83 said:
vts cant touch the 160 !!! simple as standard vs standard !!
I think you'll find they can and they do. A VTS is a match for a ZR160.

Most people think 158bhp will destroy 120bhp. It doesn't, especially when 1 car is more than 200kg lighter than the more powerful car.

True a ZR160 will pip a VTS but not much in it.
that is true

·
1,626 Posts
True andmy clio would whump them both :mrsmiley::lol:

It weighs about 56grams ! Even has plastic wheel arches

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to sell Citroens and had a VTR and a VTS as toys to play with (company cars if you like). I've now got a BRM (VVC engine, but about 145 instead of just under 160BHP). I can honestly say that the BRM is quicker than both the VTR and VTS I used. All in standard form that is! That said, they do handle well, so on the twisty bits, it's a close match, and the VTS is easy to get more power out of. With a bit more power (140BHP is easily and cheaply obtained) and GTi-6 brakes, you would probably be out-gunned by a VTS in a 160.

But once again, a lot of it comes down to the driver and the condition of the car!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts