MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had one done, ive found my new car and done a hpi check and has all came back ok, i still want to get it checked over etc first of all, as i have seen too many people buy a car and get a nasty suprise after it,

so has anyone ever had one done and which one would they reccomend,i want to go with rac opposed to aa as im allready a member and get discount, been looking at

the essentials pack http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehicle-checks/vehicle-inspection/essentials.htm

and essentials plus
http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehicle-checks/vehicle-inspection/essentials-plus.htm

what i want to know is it really worth the extra money, the new car has relativly low millage (40k)

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
yeah i've had them done a few times now.

each time i have not bought the car because of the check... it does uncover a lot about the car and you can be pretty sure you are not buying a sh1tter if it comes through all clear!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you reckon im aswel getting the cheaper one as it will sow if there is anythign immediately wrong with the car then

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
my dad did this on a car that to look at u would think was mint...but uncovered it was sh!te....well worth it!!!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
They are very thorough. The guy who checked my old zr when I was selling it basically said it was a heap of ****. I tried to explain that it was a 2.5K car, not the kind of motor he usually checks, he told me its usually higher end bmws and the like. I.e. he said my interior was ripped, when infact there was a 2mm tear on a seat back.

I would get a check done, but I would take it in context.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well rac cant do it in time and im just too egar to get something new so just taking a mechanic along to check over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts