MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry its not an MG guys :p im trying hehe, insurance company were being an arse about me (21 0NCB) on the MG I wanted, so i got this for 3 years then i can get my MG ZR 160 \:D/

--*--

--*--

--*--

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
cool but you gotta sort out the wheels and back :D

WIP i belive :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, back is ugly as sin, any tips on what to do ? Im gonna get some black lexus style lights for em when i have some cash (hahah) should make it look less chunky, and if i grab the MG thingy for under the bumper with the heat shield, should look better.

Im currently in the process of looking for new alloys, but again, need cash [-o<

·
Registered
82 Posts
25iS

That's nice, subtle. You got the half leathers? I had a 25iS diesel same colour, full GTi trim, colour coding and everything. Sold it cause I was too idle to keep it clean.

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Change the grille back please! :)

The 25 is a great car, but its either an MG, or its not - nothing worse than half-casts or fakers! Nothing personal, just my opinion...

Incidently, the rear diffuser was originally a Rover 25 GTi part, not an MG one. It was discontinued on the ZR 2 years ago in favour of a single peice bumper.

GT, standing back awaiting the flames :lol:

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Leave the fucka alone...let him do what he wants...

Individuality is what makes modding worth while or we would all be driving a fuckin FOCUS!!!

Heh heh...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the reason its got MG on the front is cause its my initals :p and besides i prefer the MG front over the shiney shiney rover one,

/edit

and no i dont have 1/2 leather inside :( i have a black/red cloth mix, to match the inside door cards, looks kinda funky tbh

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
Looks like you are doing a fair job already. You should easily be able to find the other bits of the ZR body kit eith on eBay or from you local scrappy.

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Miiike - I am NOT knocking your freedom to modify his car to your own individual tastes!

The Rover 25 is a fantastic car, without it we would not have the ZR!

A car that was ahead of its time in 1995, as the Rover 200 - and still as good today IMHO.

Rover have a long tradition of making sports models, the 25GTi was a fine car, that inspired the ZR160. Not to mention the 200Vi and the BRM! If we want to go back we have the Rover GTi and GSi Turbo ranges from the 90's and if you want to go back even further, how about the Rover 3500 SD1 Vitesse V8 - a car from more than 20years ago, which can still hold its own!

I think much more respect would be given for showing people up in a de-badged Rover, than an MG badged one.

I am not saying one is better than the other, I am simply saying they are different - Would you buy a Seat Leon and make it look like an Audi A3?

I hope he does not take offence to my comments, none are intended. This is simply my opinion!

No doubt most people will disagree with me...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT - i know :p hehe, i am currently working on my R25 grille, i'll show it when (if) i get it sorted. I used the MG grille as stated above the rover stock one is too shiney and imo ugly as sin \:D/

Im working on getting some alloys now, but they are friggin expensive, so might be stuck with the MG 17" they seem to be the cheapest around, 2nd hand ofc, unless someone knows someone with stocks of 17" alloys for around 200 a set ( i doubt lol)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rover 25 grille

I hate the Rover 25 grille too. Had a ZR one on mine for exactly the same reason. The 200's was slimmer and far better suited to the car. Rover 25s is too deep for the rest of the front. In my opion you should keep the ZR grille and remould the badge bit to take a Rover badge. Chrome just dumbs down Anthracite. Ditch the rear badging completely - get a Rover 200 one and cut the badge part off, get it moulded smooth and sprayed car colour. Black is so cool and moody it looks best with no shiny bits/badges (I think!)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i intent on removing the 25 when i can fiqure out how :p and i have a smoothed boot thingy in the post asap :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
nice car m8!!! nice model the iS.

i too have a rover 25.....nice to see a few more 25's on the site.

i have to agree with GT that u should badge the car as wot it is though.

i have the full ZR bodykit on mine and had all the black bits painted body colour but it ain't ever gonna be a real ZR so i kept all the rover badges on.

i've sprayed and meshed the front grille though so it all matches. it's a bummer to do on the 25's grille. the 200 was easy cos it was in 2 bits but the 25's is all one.

not too keen on de-badged grilles to be honest but each to their own.

i thought of trying to get a ZR grille and getting a bodyshop to alter it to take the rover badge. the ZR grille looks much better cos it's deeper and more imposing than the 25's.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have some ideas regarding the front badge, will update you to how it all goes, providing i have all my fingers still #-o

·
763 Posts
ripspeed do cheap wheels, smooth the tail and will look more aggressive at the back, and
THERES NOTHING WRONG with zr look a likes,

but i wouldnt have one if i could get an zr!
but you cant so a zr look alike is fine in my book, i thinks its cool people want to make there cars look like ours!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
mike4 said:
ripspeed do cheap wheels, smooth the tail and will look more aggressive at the back, and
THERES NOTHING WRONG with zr look a likes,

but i wouldnt have one if i could get an zr!
but you cant so a zr look alike is fine in my book, i thinks its cool people want to make there cars look like ours!

its flattery

1 - 20 of 22 Posts