MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOTHERF****RS!!

I bought an xpower twin slashed backbox (from ZR_05 :D) to swap for the standard 160 one thats a bit fooked but cant for the life of me get the old one off as the nuts are beyond rusted lol. took it to quickfit and they said "we dont fit customers own exhausts, youll need to find like a back door garage" as if putting on your own backbox is illegal!? :axe:

Only a couple if garages open after 12 on a saturday, and all were just "too busy" "about to close" or closed. So now Ill have to wait untill next week to try and find time to get it into a garage down south inbetween course timings!

[/rant]

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im based in nuneaton like but im on a course down south and come home to wigan on weekends.
where abouts is this place?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate after seeing craig off here do mine id give it a crack yourself. I would next time i change mine. And quickfit dont fit exhausts that arent sold by them for legal reasons as if it didnt work etc they would get the blame when it could be a faulty exhaust etc
well i tried that but like i said i couldnt get it off, bolts are rusted to hell and i cant loosen them to save my life, just started shearing them and decided let someone have a go who i can sue if it ****s up (eg bolts get destroyed, big hole at back where i cant refit it and have a fun 5hours driving back down south tomorrow :p)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all good suggestions... think il just try and find a garage that will do it for me though lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
place up my way, open till 4 and they chopped and adjusted my system to fit perfectly and then fitted it and all for £25, god loves ridleys and they gureentee their welding and flanges for 2 years, had a bitta rattle on the heatsheild and took it back readjusted the hangers for nowt and apolgized for not getting it right the first time, i felt like royalty lol

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha, well mine is the xpower one so id imagine it should fit fine without any adjusting... just cant get the bolts off :( lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
do it urself ive done many exhaust swaps on my drive way but i have got air tools lol. To be honest though a normal spanner and ratch are more than enough

Ive fitted a 6branch manifold on a E30 327 with no hassel it come down to ur confidence really but giver it ago worst that can happen ur have to pay someone lol

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
use some stuff called gas off its designed for bolt penitration used it loads works better than wd40
ah right cheers il have a look for it :D

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont have any bolts lying around lol

also will i need a new "gasket" to put between the backbox pipe and intermediate pipe?

·
Registered
234 Posts
well if the bolt are that rusted then possibly, take two bolts from elsewhere then, you not got a grass cutter haha

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a grass cutter?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im lost lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts