MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance ....

U no if your insured and you havent declaired your mods .. and you have a accident or a crash, what hapens ??

I mean could you not get the car and replace everything so its standard before the garage get there hands on it... or does it not work like that ?

The likes of air filters alloys backboxes head units and sound systems can easily be replaced ...

anyone got n e views on this ...

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Be a bit hard if ur in hospital!!

My advice to everyone after knowing someone who lost bout £16,000 on a 4 week old car is always tell em EVERYTHING!!

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering because my mate had his windows tinted along with aloys and a nice sound system ... crashed his car into the back of someone and his insurance phoned up saying its invalid. hes got to fork out for his car ... the person he crashed into's car and the claim of whiplash of the otherbloke ...

hes now in about 10 grand of debt cos he wrote the other car off.

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but say u crash ... but your alright and ya cars drivable ... can u bugger of and replace everything before you make a claim...

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Yep, sounds bout right!! Seems so simplae to let an insurance company know bout these thing and MAYBE have to pay a lickle xtra, but in the long run it can be sooooo worth it!! I know people on here with 8k cars who haven't told their ins companies but they'd be the first to moan if they carshed and the ins didn't pay up!

And if some fu***r crashed into my car with void insurance, i'd fear for his life!!

/rant

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
but say u crash ... but your alright and ya cars drivable ... can u bugger of and replace everything before you make a claim...
If thats a risk u choose to take, then thats up to you, but you could be the best driver in the world and all it takes is for some prick to f**k it up for you!

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i see what ya saying like ...

but when ya 18 and ya first cars a modded rover 25 (2001) the insurance companies love me ....

i cant get a quote under 2000 for fully comp.

now thats what ya call fuckin shite.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
i have done that before! had my old SR writen off in yarmouth. wasnt drivable so had to get it recovered back home again, where it sat for months, so i had changed all the bits i needed to over. but the problem arrises when you injure or kill someone in the Crash/accident you have, the police take your car away, not to be seen by you again till they release it, by that time the insurance company will have looked at it and your buggered!

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eye thats what everyone says ....

but i luv me baby to bits .... and im not parting with it now. not after paying 2 grand for the first year and 1800 quid second lol .... im stuck with it till it falls apart

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
ah it will soon come down. suppose your car is worth doing full comp, mine, well it cost more to insure it full comp than the car cost!

but now i'm happy with £650 including window cover and full comp! :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts