MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys im gonna go and fit a 52mm TB shortly but been having a look around it.....the rubber air pipe that connects to the 'mouth' of the TB has a metal circle clip holding it on........ how the hell do you get this clip off........looks to be solid metal with no clips or clasps to undo!!!! any help please guys!!!! my last zed had a plastic clip holding it on? :-k

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You gotta "Bust" it off Ken , & then get a "jubilee clip" the same size & re-fit the TB usin that..........

That "old" clip is reusable but you'll need a special tool to fit it

& before you say .................YES I KNOW YOU'VE GOT A REEL SPECIAL TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but we won't go into that right now !!!!!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Keith has got it in one. If you want something that looks a lot better though then the cheap nasty Jubilee clip, you could always opt for some Mikalor clamps. Nice stainless steel clamps with a proper hex head to get a socket/spanner on, and look greeat into the bargain. Just type Mikalor into google.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys for the help.........ended up gettin plyers and slicing the clip in two :grin: and have got jubilee in its place......... much better me thinks........ also got a new question for you.........after fitting the TB has anyone else noticed a 'heavier' Accelerator pedal.....takes more effect to push it down........ Tb cable seems fine thou :-k

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and should say peeps who have heard my zaust in full flight..........well its just gone and got LOUDER!!!!! :eek: hehehe loving it!!!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
lol dead easy to u mayb, i can normally do these things but i usaully do somthing stupid and it takes 6hrs longer than it sud do so after uv done it any tips or help wud b Appreciated

·
Registered
422 Posts
cool cheers. iv got all the money i earnt this summer and as soon as i get my car back its gonna have a big fase lift this induction kit is only the start

·
Registered
422 Posts
lol i dunno im thinkin blue flame theres some on ebay, have to wait until im 18 to set up a new ebay acount thought b4 i can buy one cos i kinda got my mums ebay acount suspended #-o good job thats only in 2 weeks

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah they go for cheap on ebay as well so u no, my alloys r costing me a fortune now iv deiced to go for the chrome versions so got to try and keep costs down lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts