MG ZR Forums banner

Q for the masses!

937 views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Big Slick 
#1 ·
Right!

Ive been savin for a while now as im wanting something new for my zed for the new year...

Anyway, Jonnaz has kindly helped me pick out a nice install which can be done for around £1100 which suits me fine...BUT

At the moment i only have around £700 and it will probably take me to around end of Jan or mid Feb to get over a grand!

So basically around xmas and new year i will have around £700 ish...

I am really wanting other things such as...tints, lowering, neons/LEDs and to finish off my engine bay bling....now with the money i have i could basically do all of that over the coming weeks with probably cash to spare....QUITE A FEW MODS....

OR should i wait and do the ICE first... and put the others on hold?

So this is the question as i keep chopping and changing my ideas and the priority of said mods!

I do however love my music and the ICE would be very welcome...but the other stuff can be done now, without the wait for extra cash for the install....

Hmm, help...all opinions welcome (as long as its not a fuckin piss tek) ppl!

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree with vic, get all the other bits done!! All the other bits will make a visual impact to your car and you will not regret it in the end!! Ice is good but dont see a lot for your money!! You might hear a lot but not everyone can........... if that makes sence!!

#7 ·
I would say go for the ICE all the other bits you don't see when you are driving the car

Lowering it you might feel but neons, bling etc you can only see when the car is stopped with thebonnet open

You can appreciate a decent install every day you drive your car

I have had the clio 2 weeks now, it comes with a 6 speaker 4x40w stero as standard however what am I doing this weekend? Ripping it apart and putting some tunes in

As much as I enjoy the speed of it and the comfort and the luxury youcant beat a bit of quality sound in your car
:mrsmiley:

#10 ·
Mate thats one expesive install! im sure you could get it cheeper else where.

What iv done is had all the external bits done 1st then the boot build after.

But the only thing you have to think about is once that £700 is gone you will have to save up all over again for the boot build it might be worth the wait if its only a couple of months

#14 ·
Hmm...some goos points, cheers!

Im not sure.........the ice is gonna be spot on however!

What i do need is the cash to do it all... he he he!

Its a tuff decision...cos what ever i get the other will be a long wait....BUT if i get the ice first the others can be done a bit at a time whereas i need all the cash for in one go the install!

#15 ·
GIL5294 said:
Hmm...some goos points, cheers!

Im not sure.........the ice is gonna be spot on however!

What i do need is the cash to do it all... he he he!

Its a tuff decision...cos what ever i get the other will be a long wait....BUT if i get the ice first the others can be done a bit at a time whereas i need all the cash for in one go the install!
Dont wait to May coz yer will be £50 light by then !!! :D

#20 ·
Well the way i see it...cos i love me music....i also spend a fair amount of time in me car...so i want a nice set up and since i want new components and rear coax in the YELLOw that Pioneer do - for obvious reasons......i also wanted a good sub and equal amp to power it...

What i want is on a thread i the ICE section i think...was gonna go all Pioneer but have been advised that these particular Vibe sub and amp are particularly good for the money...!

See what ya think...ive ad a test of them now too...and the Vibe space sub is well buff!

#23 ·
Well ive decided to go for a bunch of mods instead of saving for the big install...

The sub and amp can wait me thinks ;)

So on the list now stands at lowering springs, bit more engine bling and strut brace, tints and instead of the undercar LEDs/neons i thought a little ICE cant hurt so on Thursday my zeds goin in for front components and rear 8" monsters...

The really cool ones with the yellow kevlar cones by Pioneer......mmmmm!!!

the ones ive always wanted :mrgreen:

Cant wait....

So gonna order the bling and springs (as i gather Banshee do the cheapest EVO lowering springs?) soon from Banshee and the tints are gettin done with Jonnaz car in January... pics to follow on the ICE on Thursday/Friday :up:

Smashing :wman:

#25 ·
These are the bad boys...

For the rear - http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=7812&taxonomy_id=25-131

Front - http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=7829&taxonomy_id=25-131

Gonna run off my HU 1st then amp em when i get round to puttin in the sub and mono jiggy, and one of those flux capacitors!!!

Also checked the banshee site...see the online store is on now....springs are £105 and the strut is £70...doesnt have any engine blind on there yet...still workin on it!

Do us members get a discount at Banshee....*cough hint cough*

he he he!

#26 ·
GIL5294 said:
These are the bad boys...

For the rear - http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=7812&taxonomy_id=25-131

Front - http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=7829&taxonomy_id=25-131

Gonna run off my HU 1st then amp em when i get round to puttin in the sub and mono jiggy, and one of those flux capacitors!!!

Also checked the banshee site...see the online store is on now....springs are £105 and the strut is £70...doesnt have any engine blind on there yet...still workin on it!

Do us members get a discount at Banshee....*cough hint cough*

he he he!
Dont forget to keep £50 to one side !!! :up: :up: :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.