MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on the forum that some zr owners have upgraded to the 206 rear wiper, I have a feeling that the washing jet is not integrated in the unit like it is on the zr wiper. So does this mean i wont be able to use that feauture?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I went to the scrap yard today and they had about 10 206's there and all of the arms did not come off! Yes i removed the nut, twisted and tugged and nothing happened apart from I broke 2! And the scrap man could not take it off either, tryed a hammer etc and nothing! So I think I will go for mk2 wiper if i find one.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You can actually buy a special tool to remove wipers believe it or not.
I usually find if you can rock it, it will come off.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Belive me we tryed everything to get it off! Chinoo no picture but it would look 1000 times better than the wiper we have now!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I get a Pug rear wiper can I still use the existing spray jets and aero wiper? 18"? thanks

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Might go a treat lou's to a Mk2 rear wiper! at least then you know it will have the Washer function!

Can you get replacement wiper blades from the likes of Halfrauds for the Mk2s? I know for the likes of the Mk4 AStravans you can only get replacements from Vauxhall themselves!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might go a treat lou's to a Mk2 rear wiper! at least then you know it will have the Washer function!

Can you get replacement wiper blades from the likes of Halfrauds for the Mk2s? I know for the likes of the Mk4 AStravans you can only get replacements from Vauxhall themselves!
Dude there are two arms at our local scrap yard :cap: but he wanted £15 for it? Is that worth it? Atm i got mk1 wiper arm with aero wiper and it looks better than original.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Stev, when i was after a 306 smooth rear wiper for the Nova i went to a Pug dealer and they were after almost £30 for the Arm and blade!

Didnt happen to see any Red Corsas in there did you bud?? lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts