MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it was a proud moment, on the way to work this morning I had to pop in to the royal mail to pick up a letter from johnno83. Any way I was going a long my normal route and came a cross an Audi tt, after a few mins it was obvious we were having a bit of a tussle. I was in a good mood so as the open road came up I booted the zed I saw his back end squat as I came past him held it there for a while couldn’t lose the f..ka but I was slowly pulling away, came to the island and he pulled up by the side of me and wound his window down , I pulled off thinking he was going to have a pop, carried on to the royal mail where he followed me on the car park, I thought here we go again, turns out he works there and came over all polite , with the words “F..K ME DUDE WOT THE F>>K YOU DONE TO THAT” we had a chat for a few mins (making me late for work) , the guy said it’s the smallest thing he had been blown away with , said to me “I was doing me best there and I was falling back” turns out it was a 180bhp TT, im still grinning and the guys had me number so he can come round thinking of getting a zed for his wife ,nice guy think it’s the first time ive had a road tussle and the guys been nice when he lost, :up: happy days. i love my zed .

·
1,626 Posts
Very cool !

Love it when that happens

Raced a Type R the opther day, there was nothing in it really untill we got into serious license losing speeds

He stopped and did a thumbs up

Makes you realise there are nice peeps out there :)

P.S. Well done for creaming the TT

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think that was wot made it good the guy was nice and we had a laugh after, he said he will pop round or i can go to him and have ago in the TT, still couldnt stop grinning in his face LOL

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
I'm not awake enough to race in the morning!! lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please please i was not racing just repositioning myself on the road and he was in the way LOL :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a small race on my way to my second job the other night when a Blue Citroen saxo pulled up beside me revving the hell out of his engine. I don't normally race but he thought he was "it" So I nodded and when the lights changed I kicked his arse and left him standing!
Oh how sweet, boy racer beaten by a girl with pigtails in her hair!!

·
1,443 Posts
mgman said:
I too have kept up with a type r, on the way back from the york meet, not muck in it, from 70mph plus.
I'd believe it under 70mph but the CTR trounces on the 160 above 70mph. My 160 was tuned to around 190bhp and it still pulled away from me at 70-80+. Probably just a crap driver ;)

Anyway, well done mate. Good to show the hairdressers up :up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts