MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not up to much today so figured I'd do some shopping.

I'm after a protein shake or something similar, just something to help me bulk.

Any ideas where to get this sort of thing and what's the best product? Taaaa

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does all this stuff actually work then? As I'm abit old school and usually just eat more protein and lift bigger weights when I want to bulk

·
Registered
53 Posts
http://www.prolab.co.uk/

There alrite - dont use the shakes myself just used to use the creatine to help with my endurance a while back

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Amino 1500 basically boosts you amino acid in your muscles helping you to recover quicker after work outs and the Muscle And Weight Gaining Powder does work but of course you have to have a good diet and Work out plan to get the full benefits out of them

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
my brother used to get his supplements from Holland and Barrets, they always have a sale on aswell, worth checking it out. :)

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amino 1500 basically boosts you amino acid in your muscles helping you to recover quicker after work outs and the Muscle And Weight Gaining Powder does work but of course you have to have a good diet and Work out plan to get the full benefits out of them
Is the amino 1500 essential then? As I was only really intending to get the protein shake to bulk up..

my brother used to get his supplements from Holland and Barrets, they always have a sale on aswell, worth checking it out. :)
Cheers

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Is the amino 1500 essential then? As I was only really intending to get the protein shake to bulk up..

Cheers

Not an essential no but it does help you recover quicker after work outs its all down to personal preference really. If you struggle on finding anything if you ask one of the people at the holland and barrett stores they will point you to which things you want to do which things.

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
Also if you are going for a really big bulk sesh i recommend one of my drinks:

3 egg whites
1 egg yoke
1 pint of milk
half a tea spoon of sugar

blend that togeather and you have a bearable high protein drink

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any decent gym cna get hold of some for you mate i get mine from my gym
true, hadn't thought of that. Probably quite expensive there though...
I'm now off to Holland and Barrett so thanks to all replies! Much love

·
Registered
11,424 Posts

·
MR LLT
2,881 Posts
i can get a large variey of protein's and energy boosting drinks at half rrp price mate, i have a supplier for it and sell quite abit in and around the gym i work at, its helped me put on loads of size over the past 6months, im upto 15stone now and still growing fast..its really good stuff, drop me a pm if your interested..i can get ready to drink bottles, tubs of powder and ready to mix bottles, and occasionally bars.
one thing to remember with protein is you get what you pay for, not all proteins are the same, something ive learnt over the years..no offence to anyone who has suggested it but i wouldnt reccomend buying your protein from holland and barrett.

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
i can get a large variey of protein's and energy boosting drinks at half rrp price mate, i have a supplier for it and sell quite abit in and around the gym i work at, its helped me put on loads of size over the past 6months, im upto 15stone now and still growing fast..its really good stuff, drop me a pm if your interested..i can get ready to drink bottles, tubs of powder and ready to mix bottles, and occasionally bars.
one thing to remember with protein is you get what you pay for, not all proteins are the same, something ive learnt over the years..no offence to anyone who has suggested it but i wouldnt reccomend buying your protein from holland and barrett.
its not too bad from H & B i managed to gain a fair few pounds when i first tried it but as i said no protein drink is good on its own you need to have a good diet to go with it to see the maximum effects. Could of been worse and asked about steroids which i wouldnt recommend to anyone as it will lead to a heart attack eventually. As you know the heart is also a muscle and taking steroids causes thickening of the heart causing it to eventually stop beating as the muscle is too thick to beat. but enough of that just make sure you eat plenty of high protein foods and try drinking a few of the drinks i told you about, plenty of rest and a good gym routine and you will start to see your gains after a month.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Get the cyclone on from pro-max its the best one i find...tried a fe but that one works best, its a mix of different things so gives you all-round 'goodness' lol

you can get 3 big tubs for £99 somewhere on the net, the last about 2 weeks - 2 months depending on how hardcore you use them.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got back from Holland and Barrett and feel like I've just wasted my money after reading the rest of the replies lol...

Should I get a refund and buy the stuff Rory recommended? Place votes now!

·
Electric Turbo FTW!!!
683 Posts
or give the stuff you have now a try and then after thats gone try the other stuff? got nothing to loose then have you? plus you can type up a nice evaluation of them both lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
yeah even if you think the other ones a better deal, stil do no harm to use what you got now...youll still get something from it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts