MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plucked up the courage and had a go at painting interior parts since after reading articles on here people have persuaded me its not too difficult and I think it looks good. Have colour coded things yellow to match interior but not gone OTT. Kept it subtle so only done air vents, door catch surround, door handles, heater control surround, clock surround and electric window switches. Didn't go for the dash pocket or steering surround as with what i've already done i think this would be too much.

Also did the heater surround thingy instead of whole centre console as it was alot less work and I think it still carries the theme off well and the centre console yellow is OTT IMO. What do people think here are piccies. (apologies for sun glare on some pics lol)

P.S thanks for the guides that were helpful and meant even someone not clever at this stuff like me could get a great finish :)

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
very nice mate think that looks brilliant as it is, and agree that its enough the way you have it - looks top notch :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look's brill man! Fair play! What kind of paint did you use! U should of took pic's made a tutorial for the site. Prop's again mate.
Used all halfords stuff (risky I know lol):
Halfords White Plastic Primer 330ml
Halfords Ford Signal Yellow Paint 330ml
Halfords Clear Laquer 330ml
Then different grades of wet & dry between layers to smooth out imperfections and rough grade before beginning to take off laquer and a wash in fairy and water to get off any grease.

There's a how to guide already up on here and plenty of threads if you search for them I read a few of these before starting to get some ideas on how to do a good job and they were all useful.

Looks good mate and not overdone. Maybe add a yellow and black steering wheel but apart from that good work.
Agree totally about the monogram steering wheel thought had entered my mind just need to wait a while for extra cash as I've just brought an armrest which is on the way lol.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
actually that looks alright in yellow being colour coded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.