MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided i wanted 2 start a new project something different
managed 2 pick this daihatsu charade turbo up 4 a very reasonable £100 not a spec of rust in site have gave it a quick clean needs a good t cut have also repainted the bottom of the doors am stripping the interior as am gonna use as track car have take a few pics will up load more once i have gave it a good clean hope u like

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
If its the same spec as the charade GTturbo thats a nippy little motor. 3 cylinder turbos charge 993cc engine, giving out 100 bhp per litre (only got a litre lol) I drove one a while back and it was mucho fun :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Interesting project !! Looks real tidy to for £100........bargin!

I work at a Daihatsu dealership and we never see these anymore. Very rare now.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
what do they run as standard and what size engine?
1ltr 3 cylinder turbo, think they are just over 100bhp :)

They are very quick for what they are :yes:

0-60mph is around 7 secs, and it does about 110-120mph :eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1ltr 3 cylinder turbo, think they are just over 100bhp :)

They are very quick for what they are :yes:

0-60mph is around 7 secs, and it does about 110-120mph :eek:
yes is a very quick little car a have spent the afternoon striping the interior out can now lift the car by hand :fun: ready 4 paint will post more pics tomorrow

so power 2 weight ratio is very quick gonna rip the engine out as have fmi 2 go on

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesomely impressive power output for the size of engine, proper pocket rocket!
it really impressed me i kept up with my mate in his 205 gti and mine is pretty standard i have increased the boost abit but thats it

gonna take it 2 the weight bridge and c how much it actually weighs

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I wouldnt wind it up much mate, IIRC there are pretty well tuned as standard, I dont know how much more you can squeeze from them

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
what, project stick a hair dryer on noddy's car?

btw the rear arch you took 3 photo's of is rusty, it looks like it's already had a repair

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
what, project stick a hair dryer on noddy's car?

btw the rear arch you took 3 photo's of is rusty, it looks like it's already had a repair
no need to be a dick about it tbh, his choice his car and its a bargin for what he paid imo!!

jealous that you havent got no boost ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Aye, does look like something went on with the rear arch, even looks like paint reaction a little lol :p

Overall, should be fun for a project. I'm sourcing to find a screw'd up FTO to repair up :) or GT Four

1 - 20 of 24 Posts