MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, decided i'm going to have a project car... Want something fast . :) (Not a ZR)

So... Ideas?

Was Thinking:

FTO, GT4, TypeR, M3....Possibly a Supra

Any other Ideas?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
been told by a mate that has had one for years that rx7's are amazingly expensive to run and maintain, but yes they can look really smart and are stupid fast from standard but can be made ridiculously fast with not too much work.

however id go for the supra, better looking imo and can get all the power youll need ;)

·
"BIG" Ron
749 Posts
i vote FTO.but then again..i would!

been into jap cars for quite a while.in reality if your going to go the a twin turbo rx-7/supra then fine-choose the supra.tunable to 550bhp on standard internals.

rx-7 need engine rebuilds every 60,000 miles or so.

but if your going to just get a 3.0n/a supra then you may aswell go for the fto IMO.

as i did.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aye I just clicked on when I saw your profile pic :p

Yeah, It's offroad atm.. need a decent paintjob doing.. Waiting till summer hits and then gonna spray it properly :) Using the motorbike mainly and using the car for odd jobs :)

Going to buy a damaged car (Hence project) and fix it up :)

Might have to some time =) Just university starting again soon :(..will give me no time to do anything soon - Meh...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah? Always liked the GTO's / FTO's.. FTO's more ;)

Whats your all round opinion on one? (Dont be biased :p)

-Handling....How much petrol it drinks....Power....Reliability etc :)

·
R5 GT TURBO OWNER
3,131 Posts
GTO are class, FTO in my opinion always looked like they should be beating 911's but in reality just weren't
that was said many times im sure its what max power said about them many moons ago and its very true. i should imagine that an evo engine would fit in a fto engine bay

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.