MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the k and n fitted the car shudders as i accelerate why is this is it my cold air feed not doin its job it seems its starvin my engine of something

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Mmm........... :-k

I think it must be as you said then, sucking in hot air! Maybe you should try and re-route your feed and maybe even add another one if it is still not making any difference.

Maybe someone else will have an idea for you mate!!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If it is an open filter all the cold air feeds in the world will do absolutely bugger all when you are stationary as the filter will suck hot air in preference to cold (it is less dense so will pass through the filter medium easier than the heavier, denser cold). The hot air is in immediate contact with the filter when you are stationary as there is no "ram air effect" so the hot air in the engine just gets even hotter. It wont suck the air through the pipe when there is masses of nice hot air surrounding the filter already. This 'juddering' is the result of the heatsoak, and hot air ingestion and is what the problem is with open filters. Open filters are great when you are on the move but rubbish for the greenlight grand prix for exactly the above reasons

BTW I have an open filter as well and suffer the same problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts