MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, yesterday i put the facia back onto my head unit as i do everyday and went to play a cd and the thing just went dead, then it decided to come back on a few seconds later. it came on in tuner mode(i have the kenwood cd player that came with the car) so i pushed the button at the top left tht allows you to switch between tuner, Cd and all off and to my surprise there was no CD option there. it just switched between off and tuner!!i aint happy bout this so i tried it today and it still aint working and one of my cds is stuck in there!!!what should i do?my car is in for a service tomorrow anyway, is the headunit covered under the warranty?and would they replace it?

Moved by Jib, cos, well, its an ICE thing innit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
try removing the facia and cleaning the brass terminals on the head unit and facia,you might have dirt or silicone from dash polish on them,metholated spirit is a good cleaner.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Have you tried holding down the eject button(for 15-20secs) ?
Had the same prob with my old, did that and it popped out.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
There should be a reset function on the head unit try that. after cleaning all terminlas as suggested above, then it is bushed so treat yourself to a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts