MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry:

Yesterday my turbo cut out completley and the car absolutley gutless, as time went on it was intermittant and now today its working again however now it seems to be boosting very low. there is no black smoke out of the back of the car and the car has no poke :( anybody else had this problem before or know what it is??
It was hoofing down with rain yesterday and where i live its a nightmare cos the roads are crazy.
ta,

Sean

p.s its a mk1 zr 2.0 td

·
7,920 Posts
QUESTION

have you checked all your hoses & connections

·
Registered
501 Posts
yeh, check all your hoses, although if they were split they would bring slight smoke out the back.... two hoses at the front and one at the back of the turbo outlet pipe.

do you hear a woosh when you put the foot down?

emm.... my car went like this when the MAF was away, typical problem on these cars...

cheers

chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys shall check at motor club in mo, how can i check the MAF and are they expensive to buy??
stil ok to drive?
just while im on here have any of you guys got a picture of under the bonnet of your car as i have lots of chaving mainly power steering hose on on IC pipe. please?
cheers again guys

sean

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ta!!! thankyou, had severe chaffing on that lil radiator pipe against the intercooler hose!! :( sorted that now, cut some of reconnected and seemed ok till got home and realised jubilee clip come off! so got to get another one tommorow from work, no so sure what the problem was before but fiddling around in the engine bay.. seems t of cured it!!..

Much appreciate the help thankyou.

Sean

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Easyist way to check for a dodgey MAF is to disconnect it. The MAF is the Green Circled bit if you don't know.

If you disconnect it and some of the power comes back (especially low down in the revs) then it is likely to be a case your MAF is dirty or busted. It can happen if you get water in your airbox.

Do you nave a standard airfilter? Because an open cone induction kit will run a higher risk of taking water in and usually they are coated with oil which also clogs the sensor.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Also check that the actuator is still attached to the turbo.

There should be a circlip on it, but sometimes they are missing, and can eventually lift off.

Oh, hang on, my circlip is missing, must buy a circlip!!

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
maybe thats it

hi guys thanks for all the help on this page ive been having problems with my td and i took the maf off well unplugged it and from 1500 upto 3 it pulled alot better and from 3 to 4 a little better but on mine its one of the plugs that isnt making a good connection so ill get a new plug and see if that helps thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts