MG ZR Forums banner

Is their a problem with the running of the site?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • could be improved upon, but nothing major

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of members have a problem with the site, some of their points go into deleting/moving posts, Sigs being too big and moderators having special sigs with moderator with their name on, so please vote if you would consider this a problem or not.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
no was my answer,maybe things could be improved time will tell on that score .but you guys were brave enough to save this forum , so thats your decisions. this site means a lot to a lot of people and i am sure will survive . as with all new ventures , teething problems will occur ,this forum is worth it guys . keep working for us all.

thank you

=D> =D> =D>

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
I've not been on enough to see any of the events with regards to post moderating, but I've tried to add my 2p on Vics thread. With regards to signatures, they seem pretty much OK to me!

Maybe its worth putting up a rule about the size / content of the sigs - so everyone knows what is and is not acceptable?

Other places limit theirs to about 80p-100x high or 3-4 lines of text to ensure the signatures dont take over the threads from the posting and allows the old 56k users to be able to download the pages quicker? They also insist that items not be placed in there as 'free advertising' without authorisation first, or to use words otherwise block by filters that could be offensive to others.

Common sence should prevail when people make their own signatures, and usually does. Many people are usually happy to comply with keeping them apropriate, so long as they know what to comply with first.

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
but it doesnt

it just starts an all out slanging match

as from now - pm me mate and ill do my best for you to get it sorted

if a thread is deleted - ill give you a reason why

lets just leave it at that

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Come on Pete, .......Nobody's "a FAvourite" on here we are ALL members ...just tryin to make things a little less stressful during the day .....& yeah we were "Brave" to take this site on .......but then again SO WERE YOU to come over here & trust us with it !!!!!!

lets all just tek a step back from this & think things through I've posted what each of us (Admin) are responsible for ....check out the threads & Pm Hoogie if you wanna talk bout it

If somebody from another forum comes on here & reads this They'll think we've all gone POTTY!!!!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Da_One said:
hehe I wont vote tbh, cos I'm sure the admin or mod will know who voted for wat! :wink:
don't know about the others but i can't!! and even if i could it wouldn't matter!! Thats not what its there for!!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Da_One said:
hehe I wont vote tbh, cos I'm sure the admin or mod will know who voted for wat! :wink:
we dont, there is no way of knowing, plus we want feed back, if you have any specific problem thou PM a moderator :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
hob said:
Da_One said:
whe dont, there is no way of knowing, plus we want feed back, if you have any specific problem thou PM a moderator :)
ok I voted but, surely its saved in the server database with ur ip address! or Id user number. :-k

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Da_One said:
hob said:
Da_One said:
whe dont, there is no way of knowing, plus we want feed back, if you have any specific problem thou PM a moderator :)
ok I voted but, surely its saved in the server database with ur ip address! or Id user number. :-k
If we really really wanted to i suppose we could find out, but tbh we have other issues to deal with, i guarentee i wont look at the postin poll :)

·
892 Posts
Da_One said:
hob said:
Da_One said:
Actually, no, we can't find out

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
I reckon that just by doing this poll, the site managers have proved that they are looking at ways to make the forum as good as possible. I`m sure we are all in agreement with that way of thinking.

A lot of the problems seemed to have arisen through the admin not being very experienced in running the show, but that will come with time. Some site members have been a bit less tolerant than they could have been and perhaps should have directed their gripes to the people concerned privately instead of airing their views to everyone, but it won`t hurt once in a while to let people know their concerns via threads like this one.

I figure that the advice that rich_b gave in the "Vic's say!!!" thread just about sums up what needs to be done here, especially about when people get posts edited, saying that explanations should be given etc.

A set of rules isn`t a bad thing to have, but these have to be thought out pretty carefully. You can easily have rules and still not be thought of as being draconian, just as long as your careful about how you use them.

Cheers. Ewan.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I figure that the advice that rich_b gave in the "Vic's say!!!" thread just about sums up what needs to be done here
I forgot to mention in my post that I'm not saying that any of the things I mentioned aren't being done, or trying to say how it should be done - how this site is run is totally up to the new owners. I was just listing what I have found to work on forums in the past in the hope that some ideas might be helpful. I hope it's taken in the spirit it was meant! :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts