MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's not a bad price if you actually get the car delivered.

There was a piece on Watchdog not long ago about Virgin Cars and supply/delivery problems.

Won't say too much on open forum, but when I found out the name of one person in particular who was involved with the company, I was not surprised. I would not buy a buttered scone from him.

Go to your dealer and use the Virgin price as a bargaining point. You should still screw down a very similair, or even better price.

I managed to do exactly that with Dixons, even though they already had silly prices advertised, I got 'em to drop further.

Print a copy of the ad off, take it to the showroom and speak with the sales manager. He will match it, especially at this time of year.

No good speaking with his muppets 'cos they have to keep running off and asking anyway - Go straight to the organ grinder for the best deal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha, that's quite funny and true what you say about sales guys having to run off into the office. Remember the guy trying to flog me the ZR went off to the office for the 4th time to try get some more knocked off it and came back with a red face. Must have got a bollocking :wohow:

Anyway, I can quite imagine what you say is correct. I've been considering buying a C4 VTS about March time so have been looking for deals - JamJar are doing one for 2,500 off the list price. I checked again the other night and under "optional extras" there's a new entry for "Delivery - £550".

£550 for delivery? What MPG must their flat back get then? Still I think I definitely will be using them as a starting point when I barter a deal at my local dealership.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yeh, thats the best way mate. Deal in person

The (alledged) delivery problem referred to by Watchdog on BBC 1 by the way, was not in relation to the actual cost of delivery, but rather the fact that there was no delivery in the reported cases, despite the cars having been paid for in advance.

They had several anxious and peed uff customers all making exactly that point.

Dates were (alledgedly) promised and not met time after time. Not an ideal situation when you are talking about thousand of pounds perhaps ? :xmas:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts