MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how to get rid of them really light scrathes and poxy swirl marks on your paintwork as im such a perfectionist i want them shot of
cheers

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Meguiars does the job and is cheaper than T-cut. Why waste money with a 'quick fix' when the same or less money will do the job properly.

Of course best way to prevent swirl marks would be use a jet wash and not use car wash's.

Bully, PM me if you want to try Scatch-X. I garauntee it will do the job.

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
is this not available in the shops? i've tried T-cut and it aint really done the job, but the swirls are few and far between and don't bother me cause they're only noticable when close up.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Mitch - ZR said:
is this not available in the shops? i've tried T-cut and it aint really done the job, but the swirls are few and far between and don't bother me cause they're only noticable when close up.
You can find Meguiers in some shops, but not in many.

Meguiers are seemiingly picky who they choose to supply and who they don't. Rich's prices are good. He aint making lotsa money at what he is asking.

I always used to use Autoglym stuff - which is bloody good in it's own right, but Megs is light years ahead of it in every area.

Better and deeper shine, easier to put on and take off - and it lasts longer as well. :bash:

.............Bloody 'ell this is startin to sound like a commercial now ;)

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Couldn't have said it better charlie. It is the best stuff.

If anyone is interested, PM me with what you require. I can send you a sample sachet of Meguiars newest car wax called NXT Tech wax, the best wax ever period. I am assured this sachet should cover a four door saloon car, so a Zed is no problem, as a free trial. Just wash your car as normal and then use the sachet. If your interested PM me your details.

The following statment is quoted from Megiuars about Scratch-X:

Eliminate fine scratches and swirl marks with ease. This advanced formulation removes scratches and swirl marks while enhancing the paint colour. This product should not be confused with the many aggressive ‘cutting compounds’ available on the UK market. More gentle than other formulations, it won’t leave behind more scratches than it takes out, making it ideal for quick touch-ups or reviving a car’s entire paintwork, even on today’s softer clearcoat finishes

·
1,232 Posts
I've got three small scratch marks on one of my bumper extensions which have been on the car since I got it.. T-Cutting it didnt work (well, it did but rubed off in about 3 seconds). Could Meguiers get rid of them?

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Meguiars Scratch-X should get the scratches out yes providing they aren't too deep. General rule of thumb, if you can catch your thumb nail in the scratches they are too deep. If not Scratch-X should remove them.

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
looked every where for that stuff its been rated so highly by RX8 drivers!

got some coming next weekend so i will be happy, i am also gonna by a shot gun to sort out the cat that caused the scratch in the first place!

·
4,103 Posts
looked every where for that stuff its been rated so highly by RX8 drivers!

got some coming next weekend so i will be happy, i am also gonna by a shot gun to sort out the cat that caused the scratch in the first place!

·
Typhooner :)
6,592 Posts
wash with fairy liquid or such to cut the old wax etc off first, then treat with a fine compound (t-cut stuff) you can get a good deal from a local garage who has bucket loads of the stuff, then bang on a decent wax again - do this or else!! (only wash this way once every six months or so though, otherwise the washing up liquid will degrade and dull the paint)

·
4,103 Posts
just beware washing up liquid has tons of salts in tin and car mark!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts