MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a local powerflow dealer near me !!!

Gave him a ring to get a quote for !!!

He cant do that coz they seem to build them to order with different specs !!!

I aint gotta clue what i want or what would be best !!!

Bearing in mind am only having a backbox and want to do it as cheap as poss what should i ask for ???

·
Registered
250 Posts
im back to burnley this weekend with my zr, they can custom make em to your car, i cant decide between a 6x4 oval or a jap style, did have jap style on previous car and it looked and sounded excellent, looking at £160 fitted

Heathy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Agree, burnley powerflow is one of the best in the country, Lorence is a top guy. If you are looking for a backbox only, your best bet is to go down and take a look at what style they can offer. Or you can look on their website. For a backbox fitted your looking £110 upwards with lifetime guarantee.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
least u took my adive on the lights richy :bash:

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jib 21 said:
u ordered them when tues or mon?
Was speakin to you !! Think it was Monday !! Yeah it was monday !!! :up:

I bet shiftys got em in his post van !! pmsl :wohow: :wohow: :wohow:

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
powerflow stafford said they could only put a 6x4 tip on a big backbox and so very little change in sound, so hardly the best way to spend £140. but he didn't seem like he wanted to do the job anyway, wasn;t particularly helpfull.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Richard said:
Jib 21 said:
KAFF113 said:
THe phone number for Janspeed!!! LOL
Absolutely PMSL!!
I know !!! :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

Think Powerflow are gonna be a more realistic price though !!!! :zip: :zip:

If you want quality though....... your going to the wrong place!!!! LOL I'm gonna get in trouble soon!!!

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KAFF113 said:
Richard said:
Jib 21 said:
KAFF113 said:
THe phone number for Janspeed!!! LOL
Absolutely PMSL!!
I know !!! :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

Think Powerflow are gonna be a more realistic price though !!!! :zip: :zip:

If you want quality though....... your going to the wrong place!!!! LOL I'm gonna get in trouble soon!!!
I dunno i havent heard of any one on here complaining of powerflow exhausts !!!

<cue the complaints>.............. :hiding: :hiding:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Spanner will tell u a horror story about Poweflow, welding and exhaust to a fuel tank and fusing the electrics i believe.

G

·
Regardless of what Kaff says (not that she is biased at all :hiding: ), I have got a powerflow on mine and have had it there for over 2 years now without any problems.

I opted for a twin as everyone seems to either be going for big singles or ovals and I wanted something a little different.

Fills the recess for the exhaust nicely without looking too daft.

Just call in and see what they can offer. Your money your choice (Powerflow offer a lifetime guarantee, not certain if Janspeed offer such a guarantee despite thier reputation) :hiding:

I am not saying that Powerflow is better or worse than Janspeed. Each have thier Pro's and Cons. What I will offer IMHO is that a back box alone be it Janspeed, Powerflow, Magnex, Blueflame etc will offer very limited performance gains (if any) alone. To get the full benefit, then a complete system from the Manifold backwards needs to be contemplated.

Anyway, just for comparison and ideas, this is my twin from Powerflow :up:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
not sure if that was sarcasm or not nick, but JSP DO offer a lifetime guarantee :up:

Its all down to personal choice really...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts