MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
RIP MG ZR 03-13
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You read about how long they can take but i experienced it first hand yesterday. Basicly my Mrs got flat got burgled Friday night. She was staying at mine so we didn't discover it till Saturday morning at 11am. Called the Old bill at straight away which to start with was a mission! Kept gettting passed to different departments! The thing i couldn't believe was it took 7hrs for the a policeman and Forensic van to ****ing to turn up!! Unbelievable tbh!!

On another note if i find the dirty Scag taking ****s that did it i will use there heads as a football!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
Some right scum out there marc :(

And yep police response is not the best...If you had caught them in the flat and slapped them round for 5 the police would have been there alot sonner ;)

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Not saying the response time was acceptable, but the police work on prioritising things, your flat had been burgled several hours before, so they knew there was no chance to catch the suspect.

Where there may be other situations where its been an hour after the incident, so they have a much greater chance to catch someone and will attend them first, also the environment of the evidence that SOCO will fingerprint etc plays a big part. rain damages finger prints so a case where the evidence was outside would have taken priority over your case.

Really sorry to here about your situation though mate, there scum mate plain and simple.

·
aka thejollywodger
1,833 Posts
as above really...not an emergency as offender(s) had left the scene and no life in danger etc but still longer than normal i would think.

as for forensics...most soco departments only have 1 guy on over a weekend so they have a lot to do.

·
Suck Me Beautiful
11,251 Posts
as above really ..... sat mornings are a weak time for police as well as they need more crews on for fri/sat nights cos of all the drunken f*ckwits out there.

also i know with hampshire police that they are several million quid over budget already this financial year. cos of that they can't recruit and fill the 50+ PC posts they need to. You'd think the government would plough as much money as they could into things like police etc ... but no they'd rather spend it on pointless things like 2012.... but at this rate there wont be no police available for it to happen lol

hope SOCO are able to get a match from the prints and something comes of this

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
should have said to them that you think someone is still in the place that would have got them there quicker

·
Registered
886 Posts
sorry t hear of uoyr situation marc :(

as above really...not an emergency as offender(s) had left the scene and no life in
earlier this year - i have cctv and seen 2 20ish year old tryin to get in a window (with knifes) - phoned police and these to lads gave up on idea 5mins after i 1st seen them and was still on phone to police when they booted front door in. 5mins before they booted door in they (police) said they was gettin two vans round within 2 mins as it was priority - 5mins past, still not here n they entered house n ran upstairs n demanded my car keys n money or they would torch my cars n house weekly till i moved - 10mins later of them threatenenin me n my 76yr old grandma they left with my laptop and other stuff - all happened while i was on phone to police - i was on it 18mins before they left n they hung up a min later as i no longer needed police assitance as they ran off down street a min previously so wasnt in danger - 1 min later 1 cop van turned up with a woman cop and a man cop -

no offence to women cops but what is one weak wouldnt say boo to a fly lookin copper n a woman copper about 19 guna do to 2 20ish yr old lads wi knives? i was told to vans was comin - i expected at least 8 cops lol

tbh i think these to scardy cats waited at bottom of street for them to run off before coming to house -

oh, and i live half mile from police station and can walk it in 10mins - y they take 19/20mins? canteen?

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Its easy to slag the police off when you don't know what they actually have to put up with, and the resources they have, I can completely understand what it may look like to people from the outside, but it isn't realistic. Police officers in the main would love to attend every call out on time and in force etc, it just isn't possible due to the very limited resources they have.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
u only ring them if u want a crime number.No offence mate its not really the police its all the stupid laws and sh*t that stop things from happin the police just get the blunt of ppls anger i.e

iv had my house broken in to/garage/cars/vans/ ect iv had dealins with the po po a fair bit.

1 of my van's got broken into and there was a benny hat in the van! police said there was 2 types of dna on it so they cant do anything,a van down the road got broken into the same night and they droped their house keys in the van with the of the lettin agents was on the key ring with a number,again they cant do anything

i dont thinks the problem so to speek is the police i think its the just the way the law is and no one respects the police anymore what dosnt help matters.Police should be able to slap ppl about and be tougher like the program life on mars! thats what they should be like :)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
i will find out now mate. dialing 999 hi am being burgled........ giving the address next door lol

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Cops are useless.. (most..) Friend was attacked by 2 males. Someone phoned police... 10 mins later..? Nothing. While this happened (found out day after) I was actually driving not far away from the scene and saw a cop car sitting in a car park having a burger....................

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
still no cops here never mind i give up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.