MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Past couple of days my car has sounded like a bit rough and feels like it's lost awee bit power. Coolant has dropped by a couple of cm's in the past month or so but not a lot, and i found the smallest amount of yellow'y watery gunk under the oil cap today (bout half a pinky nail) . I'm thinking the worst. HGF!?
Someone tell me i'm wrong please. Only had the ***king thing since april.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Mayo under the oil cap isnt a deffo sign of HGF BTW matey :no:
Do you do alot of short journeys?

Coolant loss could be a dodgy cap or leak somewhere, dont think the worst just yet!

Get it compression tested before you panic! :)

G

·
top ur coolent level up again, do a complete engine flush and check the water pump,or you could take it to a car garage and get it pressure tested asap , if you dont catch it soon it could end up being a bad day in bosnia for ur wallet trust me :D
is the power on/off all the time, like its jolting, put ur foot down in 1st an 2nd and see if it hesitates everynow and then, sort of like missfireing feeling
Alice had HGF on hers 2 weeks after she got it , then found out it blew in 4 places and destroyed the engine, so had to buy a new engine , lucky for her i had all the tools to sort it out and it was up and running within 2 days if od the engine being delivered.
let us know soon mate :D Fingers crossed its not,
how many miles has it got an do u know if the other owner ragged it loads :D

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Coolant loss could be a dodgy cap or leak somewhere, dont think the worst just yet!

Ye, only live about 2 miles from work and don't really go anywhere at nights just weekends n stuff. My gf's car has had heaps of gunk unfer the cap for a while n her HG hasn't gone yet. She does short journeys too.
Mine just doesn't feel right. When i start it from cold the choke stays on for ages too. Is that normal?

·
Brothers Grim
2,837 Posts
id top coolant up, change CTS and give the car a good run out, as all the small journeys will be leaving a build up of condensation. maybe change IMG as well if your loosing coolant. i wouldn't panic yet mate :) as all the above would cost £30 if you can DIY them.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts

is this bad for your hg?

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
top ur coolent level up again, do a complete engine flush and check the water pump,or you could take it to a car garage and get it pressure tested asap , if you dont catch it soon it could end up being a bad day in bosnia for ur wallet trust me :D
is the power on/off all the time, like its jolting, put ur foot down in 1st an 2nd and see if it hesitates everynow and then, sort of like missfireing feeling

It's got 69k on it only had 66k when i got it. Na it's not that bad the power stays on but think i've lost a bit. Might just be me but it feels worse since i took the piper cone off and went back to the standard box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts