MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
About True, The ZS 120's really did look like Rovers with a MG grill though when they have no front splitter.

Just before MG's were release you could get the 2.0V6 45 with exactly the same rear spoiler and wheels

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About True, The ZS 120's really did look like Rovers with a MG grill though when they have no front splitter.

Just before MG's were release you could get the 2.0V6 45 with exactly the same rear spoiler and wheels
Really!! god! Though mg gave a better package than they did.

I saw a mg ive never seen before the other day at work. A zt 1.8 turbo ! How comes i never heard it mentioned on here? Im feeling it could be the next car!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Really!! god! Though mg gave a better package than they did.

I saw a mg ive never seen before the other day at work. A zt 1.8 turbo ! How comes i never heard it mentioned on here? Im feeling it could be the next car!
Yeah, the zs without the 180 kit (mk1 or mk2) is very plain IMO.

The zt 1.8 turbo is only 160bhp IIRC, not too much power for a rather large car, 190 or 260 is the only way to go

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah, the zs without the 180 kit (mk1 or mk2) is very plain IMO.

The zt 1.8 turbo is only 160bhp IIRC, not too much power for a rather large car, 190 or 260 is the only way to go
I used to own a ZT160T. You'd be surprised how nippy it was considering the engine size and weight of the car. I've also driven a ZT120. I've no idea why MG Rover made this car, as it hardly had any acceleration at all.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I would have the mk1 zs over the mk2, mk1 may have been held by 'blue-tac' but the mk2 was held by chewing gum, I have seen the outer kit peel away on some of the cars.

My Dads V6 180: Celestial Blue Monogram (IAI)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.