MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok before it gets to the point where i snap it in half!

my ipod works fine after about a year of not using it but....

i have to have it in disk mode to transfer songs onto it and when i conected it last night it says that the information on the ipod is currupt and cant update. i restored it and its saying the same thing!

any ipod techies in here?:unsure:

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
big slick but tbh just sell it me for a tenner all in

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
If its in disk mode then its not going to work as an iPod since disk mode just turns the iPod into a portable HDD...

If you havent used it for a year im surprised its working at all tbh.. Since you need to constantly use it to keep the battery working...

Best thing to do is format the device (right click select format, im guessing you are using windows, update to iTunes 7.7 (if you havent already) then just restart PC...

Reconnect iPod and wait for it to be recognised, then restore, sync... and should be sorted.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
If its in disk mode then its not going to work as an iPod since disk mode just turns the iPod into a portable HDD...

If you havent used it for a year im surprised its working at all tbh.. Since you need to constantly use it to keep the battery working...

Best thing to do is format the device (right click select format, im guessing you are using windows, update to iTunes 7.7 (if you havent already) then just restart PC...

Reconnect iPod and wait for it to be recognised, then restore, sync... and should be sorted.
only should be :D ;)

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it has to be in disk mode to get recognised. then if i want to listen to the music on it i have to take it out of disk mode!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
it has to be in disk mode to get recognised. then if i want to listen to the music on it i have to take it out of disk mode!
If thats the case then either...

Your PC is goosed...

Your iTunes is goosed...

Or you iPod SW is goosed...

:D

Usually the PC side tbh... :yoji:

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well here is another twist......

this is my NEW laptop
the software on the ipod is version 1.1
when i try to update it says that im not connected to the internet yet here i am on the web!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Ha ha well ive dealt with this before...

I think you have to delete the Apple Service and basically get rid of everything on ya PC relating to iTunes...

Download a fresh copy, install and should be fine...

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Sorry to spam but:

Big Slick, you any idea why my ipod would have randomly stopped working? screen won't come on and battery doesn't seem to charge at all, laptop doesn't recognise it when connected... :(

only had it about a year when it happened as well!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts