378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To convert from R65 on my R200
I know i need
Driveshafts
Linkages
Clutch/ Fly

But i'm unsure bout the following

Will the Pg1 side mount bolt onto the chassis leg without modification?
Do i have to have the sump to rear crossmember mount?
Do i have to use the 150mph/VI clocks?
I guess the VI speedo sensor wont match my 130mph 214 clocks?
Do i need a new clutch cable?
is the A.B.S. mount part of the side mount? - I can't tell on my other VI (its all a bit tight in there)

Difficult to find these answers in the search, sorry.

Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
To convert from R65 on my R200
I know i need
Driveshafts
Linkages
Clutch/ Fly

But i'm unsure bout the following

Will the Pg1 side mount bolt onto the chassis leg without modification?
Do i have to have the sump to rear crossmember mount?
Do i have to use the 150mph/VI clocks?
Do i need a new clutch cable?
is the A.B.S. mount part of the side mount? - I can't tell on my other VI (its all a bit tight in there)

Difficult to find these answers in the search, sorry.

Cheers:thumbsup:
We have all the bits needed for this conversion pm me

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Will the Pg1 side mount bolt onto the chassis leg without modification? You will need to grind away the r65 mount to reveil the mounting points underneath

Do i have to have the sump to rear crossmember mount? ?Yes you will need to use this

Do i have to use the 150mph/VI clocks? No you shouldn't

Do i need a new clutch cable? Yes

is the A.B.S. mount part of the side mount? - I can't tell on my other VI (its all a bit tight in there) don't know what you're asking tbh!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats just in time information Miker, cheers fella. couldnt work out the side mount!

You wouldnt happen to know if all the rear crossmembers are the same and have the holes for the rear sump mount to be bolted upto?

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
On a ZR yes they do already have the mounting holes drilled (from my experience). Have you also thought about the starter motor? You will need a pg1 item. I must say the info i gave about the gearbox side mount was true of my R200, I can assume it's the same on the ZR but either way you shouldn't have a problem fitting it.

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
miker are you sure you have to grind the mouting? im sure some of them are a straight fit.

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
On my R200 I had to remove the old mounting by drilling out the spot welds and grinding away from the inner wing. Underneath this is a set of threaded holes for the mounting of the pg1 'box mount so you don't need to do anything else after that other then give the area a quick lick of paint to protect it from rust.

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Depends entirely on how cheap you can get parts. £300 roughly i'd imagine if you do it yourself. Depends whether you want a new clutch (i would personally), new clutch cable etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts