MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a zr 160 on a 53 plate, only mods are induction kit and x-power backbox, question is when i fill up costs me now about 48 quid i only get about 220 miles out of that, that just seems a really poo amout of miles for the price is my car fooked or is everyones fuel consumption like this????

·
1,232 Posts
£48.00 at £1.194 (petrolprices.com's average price for the country) == 40.2 litres, and going 220 miles means you're getting around 24.88mpg, the 'official' stats for the ZR160 would be:
Urban - 27.1mpg
Extra urban - 48.7mpg
Combined - 37.6mpg
So if you're heavy footed and do a pretty urban route, this sounds a little low, but normal, if you're not and just sit on the motorway etc. I'd be checking air filters, your induction kit etc. You could try giving the car a good service and do the usual checks like tyre pressure to see if that helps a bit.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ive got a 105 and after recently changin spark plugs and fuel filter have clocked it every time since at around 28mpg up from around 22 mpg but spark plugs were well gone hadn`t been replaced at last sevice by the loosers at garage when it was serviced 2mm gap on three plugs 3mm on worse one best 40 quid i spent in ages.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i can get 220 out 48 on my 105 on a good week haha

get nearer 300 on a bad week tho,

PS good based on times at arriving at work actually on time haha

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
They can be a bit juicy when you give them the constant beans, I can usually drain the tank in 275 miles on a typically urban commute in the 160.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
my R200 running roughly same power as 160 and im getting about the same...

maybe 230 miles to £45 if im lucky.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts