MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my splitter back from the boady shop fitted it and its like a totaly diffrent shade of green whats the best way to go about this now as i dont want to fall out with the guys at the boady shop as i go there every time i want somthing doing but at the same time i want my splitter to be the same green as the car.

heres what it looks like :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just talk to them, explain you think they might have made a mistake. I'm sure you will not fall out with them.

Besides if you think you don't want to upset them because you use them alot, don't you think they will be thinking that they don't want to upset you and lose a good customer?

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Thats awful. I assume it wasn't sprayed on the car? Is it suppossed to be leman green? I just had a whole rear respray in the same colour that is spot on. Take it back!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its le mans green or what ever its called. no i asked if i need to leave the car or did he just want the splitter he said just leave the splitter. they have done a bit of work on my car before and its been spot on thats why i always use them and tell every one i no to go there the only thing i can think of is that some one else has done it and not the normal person.
i will have to go down tomrrow and try and get this sorted out.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
mate if u get a part sprayed it will never be the same colour as your car.Your car isnt tin fresh paint! if u want a spot on job u need to get the full bumper sprayed and blended in into your wings! it isnt ur body shops falt its your's for been a tight arse :p

and ps your all been noobs it's not tin fresh paint on ur car it's a good 3 years old maby more! your body shop will just laught at u no offence!

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
mate if u get a part sprayed it will never be the same colour as your car.Your car isnt tin fresh paint! if u want a spot on job u need to get the full bumper sprayed and blended in into your wings! it isnt ur body shops falt its your's for been a tight arse :p
nahhhh, i had new skirts, front bumper, bonnet, rear bumper and tailgate sprayed seperately for the anthracite zed without getting them blended in and they were all a perfect colour match!

for skirts and bumper they didnt even have the car i just picked them up when they were sprayed and fitted them myself and were a perfect match.

·
Brothers Grim
2,837 Posts
rubbish lol, AA autosport got some skirts sprayed in platinum silver for me, and there 100% matched. my car is 6 years old..... :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

and ps your all been noobs it's not tin fresh paint on ur car it's a good 3 years old maby more! your body shop will just laught at u no offence!
i get where your coming from but even when the car was brand spankin new it wasent that colour then lol

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
just got my splitter back from the boady shop fitted it and its like a totaly diffrent shade of green whats the best way to go about this now as i dont want to fall out with the guys at the boady shop as i go there every time i want somthing doing but at the same time i want my splitter to be the same green as the car.
where was that done? will make a mental note not to ever go to them!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
my mate who runs his own paint place has just seen that and said its prob one of them days when it just didnt go right! some times 1 in 20 dont match properly!

he said if it was him and any of his mates they would just have it back and re do it whilst apologising!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.