MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending ages looking for a quote for a courier to pick up my mk2 rear end i found the cheapest price on parcel link who gave me a quote for £73 with parcel force. was very expensive imo but unfortunatly it was the cheapest i could find.

i received this confirmation email:

Your order details follow:

Collection Address:
Derbyshire, UK - England, Wales, Scottish Mainland

Delivery Address:
David Kirkpatrick
east sussex, UK - England, Wales, Scottish Mainland

Order Summary:
Order #: ********
Service: FedEx 2/3 Days
Package 1: Actual Weight: 24Kg (Vol. Weight: 104Kg) L/W/H (cm): 130/120/40
Package 2: Actual Weight: 5Kg (Vol. Weight: 54Kg) L/W/H (cm): 180/60/30
Collection Date: Thu 02 Apr 09, 9am to 5:30pm
Price: £ 63.75
VAT: £ 9.56
TOTAL: £ 73.31
Transaction Auth Code: ****
I forwarded this email to the breakers. they usually close at 4pm but stayed open especially in order to wait for the courier to turn up.

i was called at 5pm by the breakers telling me the courier hadn't turned up, so i called parcel link who didn't have a clue what was going on and told me they would call me back once they had checked with fed ex.

when they called me back i was told the courier would come tomorow instead, contrary to what i was indicated in the confirmation email. As you can imagine i wasn't at all happy, but i thought, never mind, i will just have to let the breakers know.

obviously the breakers wern't very happy when i told them they had stayed open for nothing, and asked me how much i was paying for the courier. they were shocked when i told them how much i was paying and said that the courier they usually use would charge half that!

I phoned parcel link back, when i mentionned i wanted to cancel the order they hung up on me! :S

i rang them back and got their answer machine telling me they were closed

appaulling service, they've ripped me off, havn't delivered an acceptable service at all. and whats more they hang up on me when i want to cancel.

PARCEL LINK - AVOIVD!

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just seen they're also listed on ebay, be careful guys :no:

·
Registered
268 Posts
i sent a plasma tv 42" 36kg with UPS for £9.80 nextday delivery. maybe you can get compensation from them for being late for collection, i have in the pass with dhl but they where 3 days late.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts