MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a max power or something, a good a way of getting more power and a decent noise is just to simply replace the original panel filter with a K&N one or something similar and to drill the box. Do you actually get anymore power from just replacing the element?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yes speak to droog, hes the man in the no, or i think theres another thread about this
welcome anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drilling holes wont create heat soak, but it wont help with pulling in hot air from the engine bay.

You could always look at getting an airbox from a MGF/TF, I Believe they have a twin feed to the airbox :-s

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I had an open K & N filter on my 160 for about 6 months and noticed a loss in low down pickup and increased petrol consumption and noise. 2 Weeks ago I changed to the K & N panel filter and was quite suprised. I have no power loss over the open system and gained low rev pickup, petrol consumption has improved and motorway driving is no longer noisy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put one in my 220Turbo Coupe, and you can now hear the turbo whirl and the dump valve release pressure. In terms of extra power, you'll never really notice it, what's a couple of bhp when you've already got 200 ! However you certainly don't lose loads of power like you would with a cone filter and no cold air box... If anything, combined with a new Mongoose exhaust the engine feels more free reving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts