MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Ive now got a Blue flame rear box on its way. So now I need an air filter. From what ive gathered so far its best to go with a panel filter for performance increase? if so anyone no which one and where to buy? There are so many mixed opinions!! :wallb:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You might as well go for the original K&N for about £20 to £25. Green do a cotton one, and Pipercross do a foam one. Really all about the same price and all the same performance. I've got a K&N and it has been much better than an open induction kit.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The only way you will get more noise is with an open filter. tbh open induction kits are only useful to make noise. Mine is as as quiet as before as I have not put on a new back box.

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
so which is the best open filter..in terms of giving a good sound but not losing any power?If that is possible?!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You have to get the air feed sorted properly then heat sheild as much of the engine as possible for any open cone to not suffer from heatsoak and reduce power. As usual with nost mods It is form over function, for example nearly all spoilers are useles below 100m/s (80mph approx).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts