MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok failed MOT yesterday on front pads and hoses

I would prefer better pads than hoses atm ( bit skint )

Anyone recomend any?

All in all i dont wanna spend more than 40 on pads and well lowest price poss on hoses.
Oh and if anyone wants to fit them for me lol!

Ta x

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Cheapest option is probably halfrauds but TBH you should NEVER skimp on safety items like brakes. Hoses again could be a problem, but someone like rimmer brothers or brown and gammons could probably get you a set. Girling do a braieded set for the ZR (have a look at the PTP site as they sell them). Dont even think of contacting Girling direct. I have never come across a worse site or a worse company for customer relations (and I have heard the same thing from a few dealers).

I would offer to do them as I am not too far away from you but I am away this week-end.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
But if i get a good brand of pads and not so good hoses wont that be ok?
Ill get better hoses when i can afford it
Why pay twice though

Mintex dont do mg only rover are they identical?
Believe they do...andy will know... he has mintex on the front of his 120, think they will be the same as the BRM or the 200VI rovers.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Yes and go for the best for both that you can afford. Ever hear the saying 'spoil the ship for a h'pence of tar'? Good hoses and bad pads or bad hoses and good pads, both are a bad idea. Get good hoses and good pads.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right i got mintex pads coming for saturday and booked in for saturday but still only got the rubber hoses not braided yet.
Sounds ok to me apart from i gotta get the car there at 8.30 AM !!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.