MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard the the 6x4 oval is a bit louder than the twin, but the twin offers a more sporty sound. Will be going on a 160, anyone got either of those fitted?

Wondering what they sound like and which one peeps would recomend??

Cheers

·
Proud ZR 160 Mk1 Owner
620 Posts
I got the twin. Sounds good and looks good with Xpower engraved above the exit of both pipes. Plus the car has a standard twin to start with and I wanted to keep with the twin exit look.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a friend of mine (slobbadan) has the twin pipe, counds good, but i think i fancy a bit more of a rumble from the exhaust

·
Car gone. :(
2,120 Posts
I've got the xrr11 magnex oval on my 160 and it is abit louder than i waited. maybe i should have gone for the xpower twin. still nevermind, it has gone abit quieter of the last 8 months and it does burble nice!

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Yeah a friend of mine (slobbadan) has the twin pipe, counds good, but i think i fancy a bit more of a rumble from the exhaust
well u got to remember that i need that new intermediate pipe on as my current one is blowing so doesnt have its full potential yet.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know that, but you want a more sporty sound dont you, i want a rumble....to compete with alec and his....*cough*civic*cough* :thumbsup:

·
2,120 Posts

·
2,120 Posts
good sound?
A little loud at first, but it's getting there. Missus still thinks it's too loud thought, esp at 5.00 in the morning!

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
A little loud at first, but it's getting there. Missus still thinks it's too loud thought, esp at 5.00 in the morning!
LOL will be better once it beds in a bit. Found that even with my twin, a mates mum said i drove off really fast when i dropped him at his house, she didnt see me drive off or anything, the backbox just makes it seem that way, was pretty normal driving tbh!

Edit: The oval isnt backslashed is it?

·
2,120 Posts
LOL will be better once it beds in a bit. Found that even with my twin, a mates mum said i drove off really fast when i dropped him at his house, she didnt see me drive off or anything, the backbox just makes it seem that way, was pretty normal driving tbh!
It's been on the car for one year now. I don't think it's goning to bed in much more!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as in the oval in the pic or any oval? i have seen backslashed ones...thats what ill go for tbh. that one doesnt look backslashed?

·
2,120 Posts
Backslashed? Na, not by alot

PS. and remember, always slah forwards. Never back. It ruins shoes.

·
2,120 Posts
LOl oh right got the impression that it hadnt been on long when u said was loud at 1st but getting better.
Lol, I didn't want to spend £400 on the OE 160 back box, only for it to rust through again! So went for this instead at £180 fitted. Don't get me wrong, it's ok, it's just not the right sound I was looking/listening for. It does look great though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love the round burnt tip pipes, but not sure what it would look like on the zed, expecially with the heat shield

dan i know your gna hate it lol...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts