MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little rant, seems a lot has changed, as a meber from the previous incarnations of the site i feel some things have passed me by, i was locked out of the site for a good two months with no means of contact, and when it does open back up theres new mods and everything. just feel priority should have lay with making the site fully accessible as quick as possible. going to take time to get back into the swing of things now!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Dont even know where to begin with this one...Im sure the admin will explain it better than me but trust me...you werent locked out....:mrsmiley:

·
1,431 Posts
there has been alot of change over tha past couple of months.......

your not the only one who had trouble getting back onto the site.......

but without change and some minor problems there wouldnt even be a site!!

but everything is smooting out and getting back to normal now!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Yup, but our fine admin team got it up runnng as soon as possible...altho we did operate off a static IP rather than the domain name for a few weeks, best thing to do is add a few peeps from here onto ur msn or yahoo or whatver list, if anything goes wrong we can usually find out whats happened and if there's any temp sites set up etc throught the MSN Underground :mrsmiley:

·
1,431 Posts
take some peeps e-mail addys so if in the future you have anymore probs, you can let someone know!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
emma said:
take some peeps e-mail addys so if in the future you have anymore probs, you can let someone know!
copycat :-^

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
basically, Keogh handed over the domain to the 4 admins (he posted on the site about a week before it got taken down) We changed servers quickly however a parameter in the servers firewall meant serveral members were being "locked out" when they timed out, we fixed this by a static IP, and changed the server for good measure, we had probs with the DNS as the current host dont actual deal with the domain, so we had to register the account again. Basically we were out for about 2 weeks ish. Welcome back btw.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
neh? neh?????

How dare you neh me!!!

I spit in ur flan!!!!

:-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

I slaved over a hot stove all day to make that flan!!! <sobs>

·
892 Posts
MGZTR21 said:
...just feel priority should have lay with making the site fully accessible as quick as possible.
Dont worry, that was our priority. We were on it eveyday for two weeks solid. THere was a lot of waiting around though, cos when we change settings to do with the DNS, you have to wait usually between 24 and 72 hours to see if it all worked.

In this time whn i was just waiting around i was getting the forum up and runnig, adding new hackes like the gallery and stuff.

We up and running 100% now tho! And we have the new version of the site in the process which is something to look forward. Bigger and better than ever before!!

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts