MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im toying with the idea of getting rid of my zr and getting a MG F, i possibly have chance to swap for a T reg MG F. just wanted to know what ppl think of the cars

·
Proud ZR 160 Mk1 Owner
620 Posts
Opps lol sorry... But on the subject of MGF's if your going to get one and can afford the insurance get a VVC model... I can imagine them being great fun.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this one is just the basic one, 115 bhp. should still be fun tho. its got more power than my zed, in a smaller lighter car, souds good.

and the F is gun metal grey, so with a set of black rims on, will look the dogs :)

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I would consider swapping for TF

The MGF's can be picked up so cheaply now they'd be a great second/weekend motor :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its a 52 reg with 92 k on the clock, and the body work is startin to get abit shabby now. its seen better days

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
I did look at an mg f before i got the zed. Had cream leather and the car was in very good condition! Didn't go for it (obviously), quite glad i didn't either really.. i really don't like the look of them now.

The next shape from them isn't to bad thou but they are pricier

·
sugarmom
784 Posts
Traded my mgf in to buy the zed. Really missed the accellorating power but thats about all. Got very fed up of having to ring my friend for a lift to work every time it was too wet/cold for the mgf to start - v unreliable. had a hard top on it so had no leaking problems but had another mgf before that with a soft top and it leaked all the time, always had wet seats in the winter - not pleasant! Plus, I could never go anywhere with more than 1 person...really unpractical.

·
Registered
533 Posts
this one is just the basic one, 115 bhp. should still be fun tho. its got more power than my zed, in a smaller lighter car, souds good.

and the F is gun metal grey, so with a set of black rims on, will look the dogs :)
If its the 1.6, then it will not have central locking or interior alarm protection. Go for the 120 (F) or 135 (TF) if you can. There is not much advantage in having the 160 unless you run the car at high revs, which is when the VVC mechanism cuts in.

Check the condition of the underfloor cooling pipes and radiator - these are the primary cause of HGF in the F/TF.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts