MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Bin + Open Cone = Win. You will loose power with it. If you want it purely for the sound and dont care about the power loss then get a picture up, because the way you worded it, it sounds as if its not the whole filter.

G

·
On alice's car its an open filter, ive just got some big cold air feed pipe and ducktaped it to the filter and ran the tube to the bottom grille...now thats what u cann a bodge open/enclosed filter mod lol :D still makes a noise but it doesnt suck in the hot air hehe

·
Registered
29 Posts
My mates just fitted one of these for me. I wouldnt even know how to do that, but he took the top of my airbox out, put the tube inside this cone, and cable tied it on. Told me am better off getting a jubilee clip soon as i get time. Which was obvious anyway.

Just a bit worried now, if its sucking in hot air, what would that cause? Problems?

If i run a pipe to the grill, and just point it at the filter, would this be better?

Thanks. It does sound pretty good, isnt a k & n, its all silver metal, rather than the purple material on the inside.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.