MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
thats the one most of us have..it was replaced in 04 with the mark 2...

The only real changes during the mk1 era were the changes in how things were put together, and a centreline strut on the spoiler....

Check the galleries :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure though there was one before that. I remember seeing it a few years ago at an MG garage. The lights were more square as apposed to the two rounded ones

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lights were just like the 200 but it was a ZR. They may have only made a limited amount to test how it would sell. I remember really wanting one but in a moment of weakness got a vectra!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the first ZR had a chrome grill then it was quickly changed to a colour coded one. Perhaps it was the very first ones that you mean?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Silver120 said:
I work for MG Rover, there wasnt a ZR prior to the 'mk1' version, now replaced with the 04MY
Aha!!! Good to know Im not going mental...

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
They did put the ZR spoiler on some Rovers at one point though, plus I`ve also seen a ZR with a Rover 25 spoiler on it. Next time I see it, I'll take a picture. It could just be a Rover 25 with ZR badges on mind you.

Cheers. Ewan.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
smoggie said:
They did put the ZR spoiler on some Rovers at one point though, plus I`ve also seen a ZR with a Rover 25 spoiler on it. Next time I see it, I'll take a picture. It could just be a Rover 25 with ZR badges on mind you.

Cheers. Ewan.
LOL - so no confusion there then :grin: :grin: :grin: :wink:

·
Registered
451 Posts
the only changes for a mk1 zr =

bumpers come all moulded into one - 53 plate and above
white lines in dials on heater controls - 53 and above
centre peice on spoiler - 53 plate and above
lack of that colour coded bit in top left side of dash - replaced with just more plastic interior - 53 plate and above.

·
Registered
82 Posts
'MK1 ZR'

The BRM was alledgedly meant to be an MG, but BMW quashed the idea - hence Rover having to trawl the archives for a name with sporting associations. It did get to wear a chrome mesh grille though

The Rover Vi 1996-1999 (145bhp, sports suspension etc) looked just like any other 200 but with a coloured rear spoiler, lowered suspension and different wheels.

Rover 25 GTi (1999-launch of the ZR) used the 145bhp engine, lowered sports suspension, had the 16" hairpins as per the ZR, only visual differences over the more mundance 25s:- coloured bumper mouldings (and side rubbing strips on the last ones) boot lamp coloured with chrome strip over it, black grille insert. Hardly anyone seems to know these poor things existed! All the ZR bodykit was available as an option - bar the rear skirt for the back bumper. Saw one when they first came out wearing the full kit - it looked the absolutes mutts nuts! Proves how good Rovers marketing is.... it was 2 years before I sussed it was wearing a factory bodykit! There was a fully kitted Tahiti blue one in the 25 handbook, but it never appeared in any advertising, nice one Rover!

·
455 Posts
so would a y plate zed be one of the first zeds out?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts