MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed my oil levels dropped a bit and bought some semi synthetic 10w 40 oil its a1 motor stores brand.what i want to know is,is it ok to topup with? or do you think i should get something else.
sorry if i seem paranoid i just dont want to make any mistakes seeing as its a ten grand motor thank you

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
i did exactly the same mate bought halfords own brand to the spec that they gave in the car manual and just topped up, aint had any probs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
To be honest mate I would use the Mobil stuff bit more pricey but you wanna maintain ya engine to its best :up:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Suppose its not gonna damage ya engine but its like buying a SONY PLASMA or a LG PLASMA ya just paying for a slightly better quality..... LOL excuse the example!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mm two different opinions there im not sure now ive heard magnatec as well is supposed to be good

·
2,039 Posts
Stevee said:
Suppose its not gonna damage ya engine but its like buying a SONY PLASMA or a LG PLASMA ya just paying for a slightly better quality..... LOL excuse the example!!!

Well in this example you pay less for a better picture :hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so cheaper is better then lol like i say if im better off then ill pay the extra if it helps my zed but i just want sure bout this stuff ,its only a litre bottle i think cost 3.99

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Stevee said:
LG make better screens than sony, sony is more expensive as it doesnt make the screens it buys it, prob from LG as there are only 3 main manufacturs of the screens. Plus LCD is much better than plasma.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I wouldn't buy any cheap plasma or LCD screen because if you look carefully at the picture the software cant update it quick enough and it just looks awful. Im sticking with my 38" trinitron until the prices come down and picture quality improves.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very true my friend you know ur stuff :up: BTW I work for DSG (Dixons store group) I work in fleet management tho so not clued up[ on my electrical products!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Stevee said:
Very true my friend you know ur stuff :up: BTW I work for DSG (Dixons store group) I work in fleet management tho so not clued up[ on my electrical products!!! :mrgreen:
Thanks, been looking into it for a while now and it seems best to wait at the moment, unless you can afford 4k +

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently changed the oil in my ZR and went to my local dealer to get an oil filter and a drain plug washer. While I was there I asked what oil they recommend for a ZR 105 and they said a 10W/40 semi-synthetic oil is the best for the K-Series and magnatec would be fine but I ended up buying what they use which is Selenia. It wasn't cheap tho at £25 :x:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
All that matters is the spec on the side of the bottle.If the stuff from motor world is the same spec as magnatec chances are it's the same.
Why pay extra for a name ? it's what's in side that counts.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Oils are not the same spec, they pass a set standard that is true, though that standard is not that tough to pass. Unfortunately with oil, the most expensive it is, the better it is likely to be.

I would always go a semi synthectic in the K series, Magantec isn't a bad choice, Millers is quite good as well, I use it in my V6.

Steve

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys i really aprecitae you help and time ill go for magnatec i think.my dealer didnt exactly stick mcuh oil in there in the first place surprise!surprise!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts