MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i changed the oil/oil filter yesturday as it was black and like water :( so i let it all drain out for an hour and refilled and it was nice & clean but i went for a drive up the road & back and the oil is black again is this normal?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
yes ! its cos of all the muck sticking to the inside of your engine ! the clean oil pulls a lot if not all of it off so your oil will get dirty again. I usually empty the oil out then fill up with cheap oil run the engine for 10 mins then empty that out change the filter then fill with good oil.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I did my last change after 20k (not best practice I know but it was fully synth) and it almost came out as clean as it went in

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I do oil change every 6,000k. Try using an oil treatment ie engine flush before draining out the old oil, waiting until it's reach normal operating temp and then draining it all out. this should clear your system ready for the new oil. Hope this helps.

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep adzr's can't have been looked after tbh
+1,000 tbh the amount of work ive had to do on it :(, it is 11 years old though lol

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
when i had my punto, the person before me didnt change the engine oil in bloody ages and when i did it, i had to change the oil like 3 times to get a bit clearer.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Every year/ 3,000 miles, gearbox every 5/10,000 and same for diff.

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also tappet noise is bad :(

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and theres a noise like a belts rubbing but i cant see where & i took a video but you cant hear it over the exhaust on the vid

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
also tappet noise is bad :(
As said try a good flush.

and theres a noise like a belts rubbing but i cant see where & i took a video but you cant hear it over the exhaust on the vid
if you think it's possible alternator belt or pas belt remove them and start the car up.If the noise is still there it could be the timing belt (Do not remove the timing belt)

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As said try a good flush.

if you think it's possible alternator belt or pas belt remove them and start the car up.If the noise is still there it could be the timing belt (Do not remove the timing belt)
love you :D was going to ask if i could remove them and start the engine without them on

yeah ill try a flush at the weekend :)

*EDIT* yeah lol i know not to remove the timing belt

xxxxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts