MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i turn the system up in my car, the drivers side front door speaker snaps with the bass, ive heard something similar in my mates car, when he wired a set of 6x9's upto a 600w amp.... but it jus seems like my speaker is broke or is just the volume i have it at?i dont know if the headunit thats in it is standard fit in other mg's or not, but its a kenwood KDC-5021 and when i have it 18 + on the volume it starts, any suggestions?

·
892 Posts
Mine did exactly the same thing.

I just got a set of new speakers

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its not broke then?its jus the quality of the oe stuff?what have you replaced them with?not that im copying or anything.....just i dont have a clue when it comes to ice!!

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
its to do with what signal thats getting input into em, its a square signal i.e clipping, that means ur spanking it so hard that the signal is very distorted so the speakers play a distorted signal and in turn "clip" themselves n sound shite

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill take your word for it!!like i said, i know sod all when it comes to ice!!so how'd i get round this??change the speakers, or just turn the volume down, but its hardly bangin anyway..its more like a mouse fart, so would new speakers do anything??because its just the drivers side that does it, the passenger sides fine :?

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
if its one side it may be water damage or terminals that have come loose, or like i say that uv clipped it only way round it if you clipped the speaker properly like it sounds u have is new speakers n keep vol down no more than 2/3's to 3/4's the max vol it goes

·
Registered
326 Posts
nitr0genics said:
if its one side it may be water damage or terminals that have come loose, or like i say that uv clipped it only way round it if you clipped the speaker properly like it sounds u have is new speakers n keep vol down no more than 2/3's to 3/4's the max vol it goes
and to add the good point nitro said when u go above ure satration point which is about 3/4 volume all u do is increase the distortion rather than the volume although it might sound louder its not really. just got crap added into it. this is what distort the ac signal that leads to clipping so point of story find ure distortion point and never go above it. EVER :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts