MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst reading an unnamed sunday tabloid this morning I was interested by an article that claimed using a certain ladies cosmetic smeared on your number plate can avoid gatso's. How true is this? and if it is true what is the ladies cosmetic as I shall stock up straight away(for number plate purposes only of course) Comments boys and girls!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
this was featured in the states alot, apparantly your safer praying that you were travelling faster than the speed of light.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Technically you shouldn't be driving fast enough to be caught speeding in the first place. And silly point who would be stupid enough to test it?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
spanner385 said:
Technically you shouldn't be driving fast enough to be caught speeding in the first place. And silly point who would be stupid enough to test it?
someone with keys to there mates car?? :twisted:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anti Photo Radar Spray $29.95
Photo radar cameras often utilize a strong flash to photograph the licence plate on your car.
The special PHOTOSTOPPER formula works to reflect the flash back to the camera.

Invisible to the naked eye
Good for 6 or more plates
One application is good for life. It will not wash off, fade or yellow.

http://www.spystuff.com/SHOP/

copy this site then go to.
specialty items on the right, then anti-photo spray on the lef :wohow: t

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
M6-LPD said:
Anti Photo Radar Spray $29.95
Photo radar cameras often utilize a strong flash to photograph the licence plate on your car.
The special PHOTOSTOPPER formula works to reflect the flash back to the camera.

Invisible to the naked eye
Good for 6 or more plates
One application is good for life. It will not wash off, fade or yellow.

http://www.spystuff.com/SHOP/

copy this site then go to.
specialty items on the right, then anti-photo spray on the lef :wohow: t
But no good at all for the the majority of cameras now that photograph you from the front 'cos they don't flash, be they fixed or mobile, or for section cameras, or for laser, or for radar, or vascar etc, etc, :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

Don't speed in built up areas and it aint a problem ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
it will still work cos it still needs light to get the image and the blue ones high up r 4 traffic measuring and tax checkin

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
it does still rely on a flash however its an infared one, not visible, and since it will be a shorter wavelength and therefore a lower frequency it wont behave the same way as visible light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
didnt look like it was hairspray being applied in the picture though.......showed summat being rubbed on? does the plate look like it has had anti flash trreatment fitted as that would get you a severe punishment as in attempting to pervert the cause of justice and all that..... more interested for my bike as i drive the zr like an old fart anyways.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I used to put a bit of grease ands gardel spoil on my bike plate lol. Not sure if its visible to cams but couldnt see my plate!! ....Until i got a telling off and a we will be looking out for you'

I love front cams...cos bikes have no plates at front...we got through flashing the 'v's and waving!!

Would like to add that I wouldnt speed through villages anyhow :angel:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
its alot like hairspray from waht i see......saw it in a bike mag!

personally when those evil people get a radar lock on me i like to get a lock on them too!

works on Gatso too!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Mickeyblu said:
its alot like hairspray from waht i see......saw it in a bike mag!

personally when those evil people get a radar lock on me i like to get a lock on them too!

works on Gatso too!!
Can you get them on ebay???? :twisted:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
well the Rapier was a pain to set up! although i did like the way it could target 75 target a second.....always handy!

·
Registered
670 Posts
little question

surley normal headlights would also reflect some back, and mister and misses plod would notice and probably have something to say about it...?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Re: little question

mv03 said:
surley normal headlights would also reflect some back, and mister and misses plod would notice and probably have something to say about it...?
yes they probably would.....and??????????? :twisted: :twisted:

:wohow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts