MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how easy amd quick is it to get a personallised number plate from the dvla?? Does it take weeks or is it a matter of filling out a form? also how difficult is it to change the Tax and insurance? i.e would there be any extra charges to the insurance?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
no change on insurance.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
I am currently in the process of getting the plate i won in theMGZR auction by LED man. we went to the dvla in sheffield to get it sorted. IT WAS A BALL ACHE FROM START TO FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes 5, yes 5 weeks to be transfered!!!!!

I suppose though it depends if your buying it from a plate dealer or buying it from somebody.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
LIMIT said:
how easy amd quick is it to get a personallised number plate from the dvla?? Does it take weeks or is it a matter of filling out a form? also how difficult is it to change the Tax and insurance? i.e would there be any extra charges to the insurance?
didnt take long for my documents to come thro...

rang them up paid over the phone, and within the next couple of days the paper work arrived...

Went to DVLA in brighton (waited 2hrs) and had to change tax etc there....then the new log book arrived with all the new details...

then to halfords to have a set made of the plates Y111 LOU.....

rang insurance, to change number on certifacte.....No extra cost etc...

Think i had it all done within a few days....

Very simple and easy :D I mean if i can do it....

im sure you can, and im one dumb bird :eek:hwell: 8-[ :-$ :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
160 Babe said:
LIMIT said:
didnt take long for my documents to come thro...

rang them up paid over the phone, and within the next couple of days the paper work arrived...

Went to DVLA in brighton (waited 2hrs) and had to change tax etc there....then the new log book arrived with all the new details...

then to halfords to have a set made of the plates Y111 LOU.....

rang insurance, to change number on certifacte.....No extra cost etc...

Think i had it all done within a few days....

Very simple and easy :D I mean if i can do it....

im sure you can, and im one dumb bird :eek:hwell: 8-[ :-$ :lol:
Very similar experience,

I got one for the wife S29 AMM

Paid for it over the phone

When the documents arrived, went to the local dvla (Stockton), was expecting a ball ache, nothing of the sort, was seen within 2 mins of walking into the building, new tax disk, old log booked stamped, certificate so i could get new plates made up that day, i would say from me walking into the building, was done in 20 mins.

Called insurance, sorted :grin:

Happy Wife :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reg swap

Bought my 'J5 MGX' direct from DVLA, also dad's plate on his Rover, both took 2days for the documents to arrive with receipt etc, then took just 3 days and I think 5 days for the other to have them transferred onto the cars. Dad's was a Christmas present, so would have thought if that were going to take a time, that would be when they would be busy.

It does get a pain in the arse though when you want to get it back off an existing car, say to sell as you have to wait for a new logbook (back in your original registration most likely) to arrive which can take up to a month.

Maybe one day I'll get around to swapping the plate onto the ZR, though I'm not sure I want the car to be quite so noticable. Jury's still out on that one

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Revieved paperwork within 3 days....

:-# im not supposed to know its my xmas pressie!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts